2021 updates

It's been quite a while since I posted anything in here 😱

So, let's recap!

- Dec2021: I started a newsletter! You can subscribe & read previous issues via news.shimaira.com 📰 
~ I'll be sharing sneak peeks and bonus content, so... 👀

- Dec2021: The anthology "Folk Tales from the Hinterland" was published and it features my short story "The White Woman". It's about "witte wieven"--think fog beings/fae creatures/witches/ghosts. There's a preview in the aforementioned newsletter.

- Nov2021: New short story here on wattpad: "Souls Entwined". It's a short set in the Millennium universe, with characters tied to Millennium. I'll be working on Millennium again and hope to do weekly updates in the new year. (Subscribe to my newsletter to stay informed 👀)

- Nov2021: I made an actual text game of the "choose your own adventure" I made for "My Lord"'s release party. You can find it on my website.

- Aug2021: I have a whole new website 🤩 shimaira.com

- Mar2021: I started a sequel to "They call him Lucius" called "The Krai Facility" but it's currently on hold 😶

- Dec2020: The anthology "Mirrormaze" was published and it features my short story "Visual Snow". It's about the the condition visual snow (which I have), with a dreampunk spin.

- Oct2020: My novel "My Lord" was published ♥ There is a long preview still available on wattpad.

- Aug2020: A new short story was added to my short story collection "Midnight Dreams & Nightmares" called "Life, Death, and Consciousness".

Health status:

2020 was a very weird year for me because I actually worked on a COVID vaccine. In Oct2020 I had some heart issues and in 2021 I had a burn-out. My heart got a full check-up and--thankfully--they found nothing physically wrong with it. The only things they could find that were off was my vitamine D levels, which (despite me being on supplements already) was low.

My heart is still weird at times (beating too slow or too fast, or skipping beats) but this doesn't seem to be an issue stemming from the heart itself. So... yeah... 🤷‍♀️ fun times 😩

My energy levels are now (Dec2021) slowly increasing again and I have more focus--I've been able to be creative again and write! Albeit still less than what I used to do. It's progress and I'm happy with that ♥