Chapter Three - Stina

"I'm so confused," Stina muttered.

"Yeah, this is creepy," Marella agreed.

After receiving Keefe's invitation, Stina and Marella had decided to meet up and enter the "mystical time-traveling automobile" together.

"On a different note, you look nice," Marella commented.

"Thanks. I got assigned the role of the 'Jazz singer.'" She leaned over. "I don't even know what that is."

Marella laughed. "I got 'the Hustler.' I also don't know what that's supposed to mean."

"To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a very elaborate prank," Stina rolled her eyes.

"Remember the Great Gulon Incident?" Marella smiled.

"Do I remember it? Heck, we weren't even in Foxfire at the time but we still heard about it. Did he ever admit that he did it?"

The rest of the long ride was filled with small talk and gazing out the window until finally, the vehicle jerked to a stop. Marella and Stina both got out their sides. Marella whistled. "Nice."

"Eh, a little underwhelming," Stina shrugged. "I mean, it's an old human house. What's so special about it?"

They approached the door. "Do we just knock?" Marella asked.

"That's what normal people do," she rolled her eyes. She tapped the door twice and waited for a response.

The door creaked open. "Hey, you're here!" Linh greeted them with a wide smile.

"Woah, nice outfit," Marella noted.

"Thanks! I really like how it turned out," Linh grinned and gestured inside. "Come on in! We're just waiting on Keefe."

"You're waiting for Keefe?" Stina raised an eyebrow. "Isn't this supposed to be his party?"

"Yep," Tam walked over. "He's probably trying to be 'fashionably late' or whatever."

"That does sound like him," Linh shrugged.

"Speak of the devil, there he is," Marella pointed to where Keefe was walking down the grand staircase, dressed in a fancy human suit. He stopped on the landing, and the room fell silent.

Keefe smirked as he looked over the crowd. He held out his arms. "Welcome to my new house," he grinned.

A few people applauded. Keefe cleared his throat. "You all look amazing in your 1920's attire. And, uh, I'd like you to meet the wonderful staff, who actually came with the house." He gestured to two people standing off to the side.

"Arthur, who is the head of staff, Sarah, the maid, and then there's Marvin, the groundskeeper," he pointed somewhere outside

"That maid lady's a little creepy," Maruca leaned over and whispered to Stina.

"Tell me about it," she muttered back.

"Dinner will be ready soon, but until then, let's hang out and," Keefe walked the rest of the way down the stairs. "Get to know our 1920 roles a little more."