Chapter 2

The fae King had the same recurring dream for a couple of seasons. It never changes. He sees a woman walking down the glade und turning towards him. She just smiles, no talking. But it is enough to radiate warmth, love and hope across to him. He knows they are meant to find each other. What he didn't expect was, that she would be human. What is this supposed to mean?

Back in his palace, in the enormous oak, no human could ever find, he sat in his wooden crafted throne. "My Lord Kysador, worrisome is painted over your features. Is there anything I can do for you?", his fae commander Ilro questions him. "Nothing to your concern, my friend. I saw a human peasant girl today at the glade. Her smile. Ilro you have no idea. It was the exact same smile from those dreams." Ilro raises his eyebrows. He knows of the dreams his friend is having. He also knows the stories around humans. Their destructive nature and selfishness can be found in a variety of books that the fae study. The warning towards those humans is clear. They cannot be trusted. The king and the commander suspected the dreams to be a window to the future, but none of them thought it would be a human girl. "What will you be doing now, my king?" Kysador sighs and for a moment the king seemed more human than a ruling fae king. "My friend, I do not know, but the stars have something planned for me. I will see where they will carry me to next." "I assume my opinion won't be of any help to you? I will just say this to you. Humans are vile and cannot be trusted. All I want you to remember is to be careful. You have the duty to protect your people." And with that Ilro left the king to dwell in his thoughts.

Kysador wasn't certain of many things but one thing he knew for sure. He had to see the woman again.