Chapter 12: I had chose to believe every word I was fed.

[~Hey, I know Tubbo and Ranboo get platonically married whilst Tommy's in prison however, I've switched it up a little bit :) Technically, Ranboo and Tubbo are already married, Snowchester has been established as a home away from L'manberg and Michael has already been adopted but kept secret.~]

~Tubbo's POV~

I woke up with a gasp, fighting to pull oxygen into my lungs, as I glanced around the room quickly.

"Tubbo.. breathe.. it's alright, you're safe now" I heard a soft voice from behind me.

"... N-Niki..?" I looked over at my shoulder towards the pink haired girl.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I began to realise the past days weren't a dream.. "Niki.. where's Ranboo.. please tell me h-he's back at L'manberg.."

I watched as her face saddened and she gently held my cheek, "I'm sorry Tubbo.. Come on.. lets get you up"

I felt tears begin to run down my face and soak the bandage that ran back over the firework scars and wound.. With a gentle tug, Niki pulled me too my feet and handed me my blood soaked coat.

"You're.. Nevermind.. Thankyou Niki.. I wish you luck on where you travels take you.." I raspily spoke out.

"Pardon?" She replied, her strong German accent taking over.

"You think I wouldn't notice the boxes? How you had taken the bakery sign down?.. I'm quite glad actually" She furrowed her eyebrows at my comment as my own eye widened.

"No! I don't mean it like that.. I mean it as in the sense that L'manberg has.. gone to complete shit.. It's no longer a  home.. It's.. more like a prison.."

The irritated expression on Niki's face softened at this.. She glanced away, clearly reflecting my thoughts.

"If... If you see Sapnap, shoot him for me will y'." A chuckle escaped my lips with that comment.

She smiled back sadly and wrapped an arm around me, ".. I'm leaving because of how many times I've been betrayed by... I'm leaving because of so many people.. I.. I absolutely hate the government Tubbo.. But.. I can't hold that against you"

I was perplexed by this, "I'm literally the president tho-"

"You're a kid Tubbo.. You're barely out of your teens yet.. You have a child of your own and a husband.. You should be at home playing rather than fucking dealing with this shit hole of a country.. God you're just a kid.." Tears slowly began to fall from my face again..

Finally.. someone fucking understood..

".. I'll see you round Niki.. Stay safe okay?" I forced a smile as I walked past her shakily.

I could feel her stare bore into my back as I walked out, the little bell of at the top door dinging as I left.

A harsh stinging began in the slash as I grit my teeth. I still had presidential duties to attend too.. I couldn't be arsed..

Stumbling shakily, I could feel the people's looks as they stared at me confused and uncomfortably.. I just wanted Ranboo, Tommy and Michael back..

As soon as they came back, I was gonna run away. Move away to a new home, not a nation, just a commune.. Somewhere safe.. Somewhere no one would know.. Maybe Snowchester? Maybe a random village?

Somewhere Michael could have a proper childhood..

My gloved hands touching the doorknob brought me out of my thoughts. I twisted it gently and pulled it open, slipping inside.

I sighed shakily as tears kept running down my face.. I quickly wiped my face, crying wasn't very professional.. I brushed my hand against the desk I sat at doing paperwork for the majority of my time.