Chapter Six - The Ride From Hell

      Little did Castor know that Ron Weasley, while pretty plain looking on the outside; someone you could walk past in the halls without noticing if it weren't for his vibrant red hair, was absolutely batshit insane.

     After managing to weave their way through the crowd of bystanders and get to the side of the road where an old, beat up car was parked, it's blue paint peeling away and it's hinges rusted, they stuffed their luggage inside the trunk and clambered inside.

     Castor was deemed unworthy of the front seat (it's not like he wanted it, anyway. He did not want to be anymore up close and personal with Weasley's driving than he was going to be from the back) and made his way to the backseat, sitting down beside the three cages holding each of their pets.

     Honestly, he found it kind of comical the way Bell was eyeing Weasley's rat as if he was a rather tasty looking snack. The poor thing seemed absolutely terrified of her, too, scrambling to get to the back of it's cage as quick as it could and still cowering in fear.

     Coward, Castor thought with a scoff as Weasley started up the engine after giving the car several taps with his wand to get it going.

     As they all got strapped in, Weasley pressed a small silver button on the dashboard. Castor was given a momentary fright as the the car — and they in turn — vanished; becoming invisible. He forced himself relaxed as well as he could knowing that he was going to be in a car with Weasley and Potter, the red-head (who Castor seriously doubted had any training driving this thing) at the wheel.

     "Let's go," said Weasley's voice from up front. Then, the car was rising into the air quickly, the ground below them fading. The fact that Castor couldn't even see his own body made the experience mildly (okay, much more than mildly) terrifying. His eyes kept tricking him into thinking he was going to fall at any moment, causing his stomach to lurch violently as if he actually were.

     Soon they were just under the clouds, all of London visible from how high up they were.

     Then there was a harsh popping noise, as if something had exploded, and they all reappeared again. Castor would have thanked Merlin for granting him his body back, if it weren't for the fact that, despite having never been inside a magical car before, he was certain this was not supposed to be happening.

     "Uh-oh," Weasley said, confirming his suspicions. He pressed rapidly at the button that had activated their invisibility, grimacing when it did nothing. "It's faulty—"

     And then they were falling.

     All three of them let out shouts of alarm, the loud shrieking of the two birds just barely heard over the wind howling in Castor's ears. The car vanished again, and then reappeared seconds later.

     "Hold on!" Weasley yelled, desperately slamming his foot on the accelerator and sending them shooting up, up into the clouds. They were now temporarily blinded by the white fluff, but at least they weren't falling to their deaths anymore.

     "Now what?" Panted Potter.

     "We need to see the train to know what direction to go in," Weasley answered.

     "Dip back down again — quickly—" Potter said. They dropped back down again, the car jerked and trembled slightly but it was a noticeably smoother descent than it was the first time around.

     Castor narrowed his eyes and looked out the window along with Potter, spotting the train moving under them at a rapid speed.

     "Right there," Castor said, directing Potter's gaze to the vehicle.