November 5th

Shotaro hadn't planned for Sungchan to help him plan for his first session so soon, but it was alright. That was, of course, until he had Moon Taeil seated across from him.

Taeil's glasses glinted in the light. He and Shotaro had exchanged introductions, and he crossed his legs before speaking. His voice was quiet, yet still took Shotaro's attention immediately. "So, would you like to tell me what has led you to the decision of being here?"

Shotaro nodded, gulping. "I... something happened six months ago, and my husband noticed that I... haven't exactly moved on. And I've noticed it too. I'm just... not that great."

"And, you don't have to share this if you're not comfortable, what has happened to you?"

"Well, um..." Another gulp. "I had a miscarriage."

Taeil nodded. There's a hint of sympathy on his face, but it's more that he's thinking about what to say next. It's like he was picking and choosing his words, and all Shotaro could do was look down at his lap and take a few deep breaths.

"How have you seen yourself after that happened?"

Shotaro was happy that Taeil hadn't outright used the word, but the question was sudden. How were things? Shotaro clearly remembered thinking of himself as a failure for... well... he didn't even know when it had started. He wasn't okay. He needed to know that. And Taeil was there to listen and to try and make him hate himself a little less.

"I guess... I hate myself."

***

short chapter but who's surprised