Chapter 34: Wedding Rehearsals

Beyoncé P.O.V.

"Uhhh come in" I said finally speaking. What the hell is he doing here.

I stepped aside and he walked in. I caught the look that he and my mom gave each other.

"Let's talk in the living room" I suggested.

"I'll make us some tea" Solange said and hurried into the kitchen, leaving me standing in between our parents.

Talk about awkward.

I lead them into the living room without any of us saying a word to each other. They sat down and I didn't. I couldn't sit, I was to on edge.

"Sooo, Dad what're you doing here? I ask trying to start up somewhat of a conversation.

"Do I need a reason to visit my daughters" he asked with a hint of defensiveness in his voice.

I gave him a puzzled look. "Based on our conversation the last time you decided to visit I'd say yes you do need a reason to visit" I crossed my arms.

"Beyoncé-"

"You know what I don't even want to hear it honestly, I don't give a damn what you say anymore, you haven't spoken to me in what 11 months now! And I'm not gonna listen to you sit in my house and make up excuses about how sorry you are because we both know your not, you've made it very clear that if you could go back and change things that you wouldn't!"

"I forgot we don't even have any tea" Solange said coming back in the room.

"Your right I wouldn't, but no matter what I'm still your dad and you don't get to raise your voice at me" He stood up and stepped over towards me. I wasn't gonna back down from this. 

"You don't get to disrespect me in my own house" I said.

"Dad I think you should go" Solange interjected.

He turned back to her and sighed. "Fine, I'll go"

"You know the way out" I quipped and he didn't say anything but turned and went out, I left out a breath when I heard the front door shut close.

"You okay?" Solo asked

"Yeah, I'm alright" I answered.

"Girls I'm sorry, I didn't know he was gonna do this"

"Mom you don't need to apologize, he's not your responsibility anymore" Solo said

My mom gave us a slight smile.

"Shit, what am I gonna do? I ask out loud suddenly realizing that my dad being in town could be a problem with the wedding coming up. "I promised Kelly that this wedding would go off without any issues, how I am gonna tell her that we might have a wedding crashed  on our hands" I fell into the armchair and sighed heavily.

"Easy we don't tell her" Solange said.

"When has lying to Kelly ever gone right for me" I added.

My mom gave me a puzzled look.

"I'll explain later" I told her.

"Leave dad to me, you've got way to much to worry about right now" Solo said sitting on the arm rest of the chair I was sitting in.

"No let me talk to him"

Solo and I looked over at our mom. "Mom I can't ask you to do that" 

"We haven't talked since I left him, l think I might be able to get through to him"

"Thanks mom"

"Speaking of Kelly, is she still sleeping? It's almost been over an hour now"

"Yeah I better go check on her"I said standing up. I started up the stairs and slowly opened the door our bedroom.