Chapter 7.

I stared at the ceiling above me after barely getting a blink of sleep. My eyes stung as I went over the imperfections of the paint coatings for the hundredth time. The sun was finally rising, meaning there really was no point at attempting to sleep. I stopped my alarm before it could ring, giving me a little more quiet time before I'd have to really get up.

Whether it was double checking that you locked the door or constantly looking back to make sure you're not getting followed you never have a chance to relax like this.

Gray confirmed with us all that we completed the job successfully after having someone stay behind, although I knew it would be. I was careful like I always was, and theres no way he wouldn't have been dead. I did every thing I was supposed to do without an inch of possible errors. It was my lifestyle, one that I never lost sleep over. I learned to live with the things I've seen and compress my feelings into a later time. 

I rolled over to grab my phone, my body aching from the new position. Im sure I looked just as tired as I felt, but I was glad I showered last night so I wouldn't have to do a complex routine this morning. The next ten minutes was spent of me scrolling through countless reminders, emails, and texts i was never going to get to, until I reached Florence's.

It wasn't common for her to text me out of no where when our texts usually consisted now of late flirting. I almost smile at the pictures we sent previous nights, giving her a show of the new pieces I picked out.

These texts were a lot less, sexual, the the previous though. They were sent minutes after each other, both warning me of what was to come.

Flo.
Received 7:07 am.
Someone died at the party yesterday, cops have reason to believe it's a suicide but some are leading to a staged murder.

Flo.
Received 7:15 am.
They have to question everyone who came in contact with him. I saw you two together a lot last night, just warning ya. X

She was a sweet girl, both figuratively and literally, but too good for me nevertheless. Maybe I could send her flowers of some sort later as a little thank you gift. She seemed like a person who would enjoy that along with dinner. I wasn't a date type of person so it would be nothing like that, just a little fun like usual.

To Flo.
Sent 7:10 am.
Thank you for the warning sweet girl, I'm sure I'll be fine though. Wishing you well for having to see something like that.

Yeah, wishing you well for seeing something that I caused.

Before I could close out of her contact two bodies came tumbling into my room, sniffing and whining as they lay on my bed. Gray looked as if he just rolled out of bed while Val looked like she had been ready hours ago. They both held pouts on their face, ones I knew I would have to hear about even if I protested.

Gray, the biggest sweet-heart I know. Always thinking of other people before himself, focusing on the present rather then the future or the pass. Too nice for his own good. Florence reminds me of him a bit, both being absolutely angels despite the harsh environment around them.

Valerie was the same, only being more honest with her words. She wanted everyone to know when they were wrong but in the nicest way possible.

"What's wron—" I start, Gray's interruption stopping me before I could finish, shooting out his own reasonings. "Veronica wants to see me again. Like, seriously. I've been dodging her for the past couple of days but she's starting to get upset over it. Of course I wanna see her but I can't, there's no way I'm bringing her this close to my life right now." He spits out, running his hands through his hair.

"Do you want to see her? I mean, I saw how well you two got along during the first date so I don't know why you're dodging her now. Not much has changed in your life in the past two weeks. " I say laying my head back onto his shoulder.  "I do." He admits quietly. "She's nice to me, and I've already asked her on a second date ages ago. Can't just ditch her like that, she deserves better."