Chapter 3~Catching up

It's been ages since Madeleine had visited Sparkling's bar,so he visited at the first opportunity he had which was a week later in the evening.Originally,he had wished to invite Espresso to go with him but he said he was 'much too' busy to go there again.Madeleine ended up walking there alone.

Madeleine arrives at the bar a little earlier than he expected,exactly 10 minutes before opening.He stares inside through a window and notices Sparkling dancing across the floor humming quietly,as the dust gathered into a small pile.He comes to a stop at the door he opens it and dumps all of the gathered dust out.Madeleine took the chance to greet him,
"Sparkling,it's been a while hasn't it?"
Sparkling looks up at Madeleine and smiles brightly,
"Well!If it isn't Madeleine Cookie!I assume your misson was successful then?"
He welcomes him inside as he speaks.Madeleine could only nod as his eyes were too busy taking in the sights of the beautifully decorated room he'd last entered half a year ago.Sparkling smiled happily and offered him a seat.Madeleine stared at the unusually empty room and sat down.

Madeleine's POV

Sparkling left to the back to restock some glasses,leaving me alone.I notice the decorative autumn leaves hung around the counter,I guess Herb's been around too.Sparkling's place hasn't changed much,well besides all the new decorations.

He shows up holding a few glasses,he gently places them under the counter.His bright smile paired with the sun shining through the window creates a warm and cheerful atmosphere.
"How's business been lately?"
"Fairly good actually,a few halloween festivities have been getting prepared people enjoy dressing up and enjoying a drink from here"
Halloween festivities?
Sparkling begins humming a cheery tune to himself as a few cookies walk by,waving at the two of us as they walk by.

After a few lighthearted conversation about other subjects,several customers enter the bar,scattering themselves around the large room.
"Anything to drink?"
He places a glass down on the table,as a very familiar cookie sits down beside me.His green,leafy hair floated in the breeze,Herb Cookie held his plant and smiled as he put in an order for a simple tea.He finishes the tea and moves over towards a large group that's just entered,preparing to take their orders.
"Herb!It's been a while hasn't it,ahaha"
He looks up from his drink and smiles,
"Heheh,it has been a while hasn't it,I hope you're well.How's that scar been?"
The scar?Oh yeah...the one I got quite a while ago it's been a pain to deal with.
"Ah,it's been a real pain while fighting but besides that it isn't that bad,I think it'll be better soon"
He nods before taking another sip of his tea.Herb asks me to come to his garden to help out and I agree.

After a while I say goodbye to Herb and leave to return to the apartment.On the way I saw several familiar faces,Rye Cookie,Avocado Cookie,Princess and Knight Cookie,Gingerbrave and his friends.It's nice to see them here in the kingdom.

Eventually,I get back to the apartment,I unlock the door and enter to see Espresso working on his usual experiments and a young woman with a light brown dress and long pale hair was sat on the couch holding a steaming drink in her hands.She notices my arrival and looks up with a smile.
"Espresso,is that your roommate?"
She waved at me as I approached them,Espresso didn't bother to look up from his experiments.
"That's Madeleine Cookie,he's from the republic"
The machinery that Espresso was using makes a low grumbling sound before a loud hiss followed with hot steam pouring out of the top.The sudden noise surprised me a little and the young woman jumped back with a yelp while Espresso wore his usual nonchalant grin before using a bit of magic to stop the machine.

Turns out the machine was overheating and that something got caught inside the lid.