Donkey Ride

The investigation was put into full swing immediately the next day. Repunzel, Lance, and Eugene all tried getting more information from the criminals. "Why should I tell you anything?" Was the main response they got from thier efforts.

Quirin stayed with Varian at the castle, not letting him out of his sight. He was informed that his duties down at Old Corona were filled by the trusted members of the community.

Varian himself had been very off from his usual self. He rarely spoke or smiled. His father tried to talk to him only to get short generic responses.

"Varian, do you want me to bring you some uh- alchemy from your lab?" He asked late in the afternoon.

Varian stared at the floor. "No dad. I- I think I'll stay away from alchemy for a while," he responded. Ruddiger looked up at Varian from his lap shocked.

Quirin was now extremely concerned. Of course he could see something was wrong with his som from the beginning but he didn't know how serious it was.

"Varian-" the concerned father began to say cut was interrupted by the King and Queen of Corona entireing the guest room.

"Hello Quirin, Varian" King Frederick greeting.

"We wanted to personally invite you to dinner tonight," Queen Ariana said. Varian and his father ate in the room all day, since the wounds on Varians back would sting when he moved.

"That is wonderful but my son-" Quirin began.

"We can go dad. I'll be able to make it to the dinning room" Varian said. Quirin looked at him. "I'll be sitting the entire time. I won't be in much pain."

"We'll, alright then. We are very humbled to accept your offer" Quirin answered.

The adults talked for a little while as Varian sat there quietly. He knew that if he moved or even walked he be in terrible pain, but he didn't want to be a burden to a good time.

"I hope you are feeling better Varian. We will see you later tonight," King Frederick said to him. Then the King and Queen left the room.

Later that night at dinner Varian was able to walk to the dinning room, despite the Doctors objections. Repunzel and Eugene were expressing thier frustration about the progress of the investigation to the King and Queen while the Doctor was talking to the others about some of his interesting stories from his work in the medical field.

Varian sat next to his father quietly eating his food. Faith the maid approached him with a fancy bottle.

"If you don't mind me asking, how are you coming along?" She asked.

Varian shyly glances up at her. "Uh good sorta" he responded.

"I found this special cider in the kitchen. I hope this can make you feel better," She said as she poured his the drink into his glass.

"Thanks" he said. He took a sip. It didn't particularly tast like cider but it did taste good in a way. Well, she did say it was special.

Soon after he began to drink it he went a full 180⁰. He became the life of the party talking, making jokes. Everyone was suprised by the sudden change.

Once he had around his third glass of cider he began to act a little inappropriate. He started to tease Eugene about his ears when something very odd happened.

His front teeth seemed to be growing. He could see fur forming on his hand and arms.

"Dad! Repunzel! Help HEEHAW HEEHAW!" He exclaimed.

"You want us to help HEEHAW HEEHAW? Repunzel asked confused.

"No HEEHAW HEEHAW" Eugene and Lance began to snicker. "Hey it's not funnyHEEHAW!"