Past Choices and Future Consequences

"You all are no longer a citizens of Corona. I will give you forty-eight hours to pack an day your goodbyes. If anyone of you step foot in Corona again, you will be turned into donkeys. Permanently," Said the King.

"You are mad!" Shouted one of the ex-gaurds.

"Am I? You unlawfully abused an innocent boy and the prisoners. Even though they committed terrible crimes what ever happens to them should be under our authority," the Queen said. Nigel was just in a daze, silent. "I hope that this made you think about what you consider justice."

King Frederick looked down at Nigel. "You all, however, are able to come once a year to see family members. But you are allowed no where near the Castle and will be momat all times. You will choose the date before you leave."

"I don't see the point. All of our friends and family hate us now," said another one of the gaurds. John looked down, ashamed.

"Well what do you expect everyone to think when you abuse people?" The Queen asked.

"Goodbye Nigel" said the King.

"Goodbye your highness. And I'm- I am sorry. I hope one of you will tell Varian that," Nigel said full of sorrow.

Everyone but the King and Queens jaws dropped. "Are you kidding me?" Said Joyce angerly.

A week later, Varian had started getting back on his feet. He started experimenting with alchemy again, and sketching a few ideas for the castle security. The doctor who cared for Varian's wounds was able to help him find a good therapist that specialized in trauma.

They had thrier first session in the castle. "Now Varian, I don't want you to feel pressured to tell me anything. I want to make sure you feel like you're in a safe environment." Said the therapist.

"Well I think I should tell you now, while it's still fresh in my mind," Varian said, petting Ruddiger.

"Alright Varian, tell me what's on your mind," The therapist said.

"Well I still have nightmares about-" Varian started. He was no longer in the room with the therapist. He was in the dungeons being whipped, turning into a donkey, and being on the field on that hot day.

He stated to hyperventilate and fell on the floor. "Varian!" Cried the therapist.

Repunzel was walking by the room when she heard the commotion. She ran in to see Varian on all fours and having trouble breathing.

"Varian! Varian. Hey. Think of your dad. Think about all of the people that care about you. Your safe," Repunzel said, kneeling besides him. That snapped Varian out if his flashbacks. He sat up and started to sob.

Later that night, he returned back home with his father. Repunzel had already informed him about what happened when he came to pick him up. Varian was no longer allowed to walk home by himself.

"He's banished and everything! I- I just don't get why I'm still scared," Varian explained.

Quirin hummed and said, "Getting over trauma Varian, takes time. Whether I'd they can still hurt you or not, the... paranoia doesn't go away. It'll take some time but you will get there. Just remember that you have a lot of people to support you. Just don't loose hope, alright?"

Varian grinned. "Alright dad. I just hope no one else tries to abuse that donkey curse."

Around 160 years later

"The law says that one cannot travel to Pleasure Island. And why is that so?" Said a deep voice.

A candle was lit to see copies of ancient Coronan records. "They are hiding a much darker power. It's curse was once used to punish some of the 'most unforgiving, untrustworthy criminals' as stated in one text, wrote by Queen Ariana herself. They were able to turn the curse into a liquid form of some kind, a practice long forgotten.

"And what is the Curse of Pleasure Island?" A gloved hand lit another candle to reveal the face of Barker, a scheming, greedy man.

He plopped a very old book onto the table, on top of all of the records. "The Island turns people into donkeys of those who make Jack offs of themselves," he read from an underline quote.

"Mmm. I wonder what would happen if a bunch of troubled young boys just so happen to dissappear on a trip to this island? But in thier place... well you can make a good penny from selling livestock."

He gave a big, sinister grin and let out an unworthy laugh. Evil will always live on, forever into the future.