1. Another Mate.

I looked into the eyes of my mate for a brief moment and when he looked in my direction I hid behind the waitress.

" What the hell is going on? "

I murmur to myself.

How can I have another mate when I just laid one to rest just yesterday, what kind of sick game is the moon goddess playing? How can the Alpha of Alphas, Alpha Liam be my mate? I'm a white wolf. They say that white wolves only have one mate for all their life and mine died four days ago. So how the hell is the Alpha that just walked in my mate? When he walked into the dinner I felt and smelled him. I was on my way to Montana when I decided on coffee maybe coffee was a big mistake. I left my masking spray in the car so there was nowhere for me to hide. Against better judgment I played it cool I finished my coffee and stood up, I took out the money and left it for my bill. If I had known that I would have a run-in with what looks and smells like my mate I would have continued to Montana.

" MINE. "

I heard his husky voice say. I didn't reply instead I walked out the door but I didn't get far.

" MINE. "

He said again.

I turn to look at him. His blue eyes held me captive but that didn't stop the words that left my lips.

" Reject me Alpha. "

I say shooting him a pleading look.

" Not on your life. "

He says, grabbing my shoulders.

" Please. "

I begged.

" You're mine "

He says defiantly.

" Reject me. "

I whimper again.

" No. "

Was his firm reply.

" Why? "

I asked wanting to know his reason.

" You are my life, and I cannot live without my life. I won't let you go, mate. "

He says, his words silencing me. What could I possibly say to that? The only thing I could think of is to run. And I did. I made a run for it and got into my car quickly driving off as I did. I heard his loud growl as I pulled out of the parking lot. I took the masking spray out and I sprayed myself with it. It would buy me some time until I got out of the small town I was just in and far away from that Alpha.

I breathe a sigh of relief at the close call. The dinner and town were getting smaller and with each passing moment I grew happier hopefully, that would be the last time I see that Alpha but knowing how the moon goddess likes to play with the fate of white wolves I would have no such luck. In the middle of my musing, a call comes in from my Dad. I answer on the third ring.

" Dad. "

I answered.

" Where are you? "

Dad asked his voice calm.

" I'm on my way. "

I am the next in line to be Alpha. My new father didn't have a son anymore he had just me I was the only child now His son died protecting me so now my dad always needed me to be present at all the meetings so that I would learn the ropes. Today we had a meeting with every Alpha within the United States.

••••

I got to the pack and saw that briefly and went upstairs to get ready. I wore a causal office suit and put my hair in a messy bun. And for the shoes, I wore some flats.

Sophia where are you?

Came my father's mind link.

I roll my eyes and reply to my father.

I'm on my way.

As I got closer and closer to my dad's office slash meeting hall I found my wolf acting strangely she was jumping up and down and as I opened the door his scent hit me.

Mate

There was the alpha, the very Alpha I ran away from. I was about to turn and walk out of the room when a loud growl was heard and his voice boomed across the room

"Mine. "

He roared.

Go to him, go to our mate.

My wolf Vera says.

I stood there dumbstruck and so was my Dad.

" Sophia, you want to explain why the Alpha of Alphas just claimed you as his mate? "

My father snaps.

" Dad, you know I don't have a mate. My mate and your son died four days ago and I'm still healing. "

I say matter of fact.

" I can't believe my Mate is this Alpha."

I say pointing at Alpha Liam.