2. Going Insane

Liam's Pov

I played back everything that happened. And nothing made sense as to why she would run away from me.

Flashback

" MINE. "

I heard myself say as my mate came in to view. My mate is stunning and her scent is intoxicating. When my mate acts like she didn't hear me I repeated what I said the first time

" MINE. "

I said again.

She turns to look at me. Her green eyes held me captive but that didn't stop me from going to hear the words that came out of her lips did.

" Reject me Alpha. "

She says shooting me a pleading look.

" Not on your life. "

I say, grabbing hold of her shoulders.

" Please. "

She begged.

" You're mine "

I say defiantly.

" Reject me. "

She whimpers again.

" No. "

That was my firm reply.

" Why? "

She asked wanting to know my reason.

" You are my life, and I cannot live without my life. I won't let you go, mate. "

I say, to her. As if my words were silencing her. She said nothing What could she possibly say to that? The only thing I could think of is her asking me to claim her. But what I didn't expect was for her to take off running. She ran as if her life depended on it. She made a run for it and got into her car quickly driving off as I ran after her. I heard the loud screech of the tyres and I let out a loud growl as she pulled out of the parking lot. I watch as her care disappeared onto the highway.

End of Flashback

My wolf starts to whimper in pain and as I recalled our mate running away from us. My wolf's whimpering was driving me insane so I snapped at him.

Shut up Dom she didn't reject us.

Dom stops whimpering and goes to the back of my head. The fact that I was going insane was enough. I didn't need my wolf to remind me that she ran, she just ran away. From us.

Why?

I'm the Alpha of Alphas how could she be unworthy of me or me of her. Her scent was strong which meant she has alpha blood and told me she would make a great Luna of Lunas. She is feisty and I love that the most about her.
I was on my way to Montana I had a meeting with all the Alphas within the United States and if I hadn't stopped for some coffee I wouldn't have found her. Rest assured after this meeting I'll search every pack if I had to. I have to find her.

I was almost to midnight moon pack when my wolf starts pacing up and down. After growing tired of his pacing I asked.

What's your problem, Dom?

Dom stops pacing and says.

Our mate is here.

Where?

I asked.

The main Packhouse.

Dom said.

••••

That was all it took I hurriedly parked my car and go inside. I remember everything up until this moment, I scan the house for my mate but there was no sign of her. Giving in to my doubts I got to the meeting hall and sat with all the other Alphas all was there except for one. Alpha Taylor. I was looking at some papers when she walked in. I look up and I saw my mate she just walked into the meeting hall, her scent as intoxicating as the first day I met her.

" MINE! "

I growled.

Recognition was clear on her face. I was about to say something when her father snaps his head in her direction.

" Sophia, you want to explain why the Alpha of Alphas just claimed you as his mate? "

Her father snaps.

" Dad, you know I don't have a mate. My mate died four days ago and I'm still very much grieving "

She says as if she was speaking a matter of fact. His father eyes soften and he looks at me when she points at me and said.

" I can't believe my Mate is this Alpha."

Her words stung. Is she rejecting me? Is she rejecting us? I hissed biting my pain. My wolf he's hurt by her words but I'm not. She's my mate and I will win her love and trust.

" Get out of here Alpha, leave. "

She says looking at me.

"No. "

I say defiantly.

" Why the hell not!? "

She yells.

" I can't leave because I have waited for you for all of my existence "

I say looking her in the eyes.

" I haven't known any woman apart from you Sophie, you are my one true mate."

I explained to her.

She quietens down and the looks at Alpha Mason. They both had a silent conversation and he nodded.

" We with your permission Alpha would like to ask you to stay with us. There is much to discuss. "

Alpha Mason says.