E I G H T

︎

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐋 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒. Her forehead shimmered with sweat, "What the fuck happened to you?" He asked walking her into the house. Lori and Rick rushed up to him seeing a passed-out Samantha in his arms. "What'd you do?" Lori and Rick both asked. She started to move again, the blissful silence she had experienced was short-term, the voices came back and the hallucinations even worse, now not limited to her surroundings. Rick went to get Hershel, Daryl laid Samantha on the couch. He kneeled down next to her as she moved side to side still trying to escape. Lori stood by her feet and she watched Daryl.

She watched as Daryl's hand came across Samantha's face, softly moving the spare hair strands. His hand softly touched the big purple bruise on her cheek, "Whoever did that will pay," He mumbled suddenly feeling protective. Lori watched shocked as Daryl softly caressed her face, rubbing his thumb in a circle on her forehead. It seemed as though he was trying to calm some of her stress. Lori wanted to ask why he was being so nice, to her of all people. "Why?" She couldn't hold back her curiosity. "Fuck you." He said looking at Lori, anger took over his features. He was about to leave when Samantha's hand grabbed his arm. He rolled his eyes at Lori before looking back at Samantha. "My knees are starting to hurt you better be grateful," Daryl's tone quite sharp. "I'm sorry," She sobbed the words slurring together. "Hey, no, no, that's not what I-" He stopped for a second, "And you're not talking to me." He sighed. His thumb moved from her forehead wiping her tears the skin moving softly under his thumb.

Hershel came up to Samantha, "Can I?" Hershel asked Daryl and Daryl got up, he went to leave but Samantha didn't let go of his arm. Lori softly tugged on Samantha's arm her grip gave way. Daryl went outside to deal with some anger he had. He hadn't had it when he entered the house but had a lot when exited the house. Shane gave Daryl a look when Daryl walked past him, "You got a fucking problem?" Daryl asked. "No, is Samantha alright I need to speak with her," Shane asked. "Like fuck you do, stay the fuck away from her," Daryl said. "What is she, your girlfriend?" Shane mocked. "What the fuck you say?" Daryl asked walking to him. "You know for someone who used the word fuck a lot, you would think he wouldn't be a virgin." Shane snapped back. Daryl didn't say anything he brought his fist up and brought it down on Shanes' face. "Say it again, I dare you," Daryl said. Shane looked at him with a smirk, Daryl's knee came up to Shane's stomach, causing Shane to fall back.

Hershel felt Samantha's forehead noticing it being unusually warm, "Is she warm-blooded?" Hershel asked and Rick and Lori shrugged. "I'm gonna assume she has a fever, what else happened?" He asked and Beth walked in, "She's having hallucinations, and hearing voices." Beth answered. "Um," Hershel let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, there's this plant. The reason only one of us would do the hunting. Basically, if it touches your skin it causes a mild fever insane hallucinations, and the hearing of voices. Some call it the suicide plant like the one in Australia, except it, causes suicide because of the hallucinations and voices." Hershel explained. "Will she be okay?" Rick asked. "Yes, I mean I think. I'm not sure, she should rest though." Hershel explained. "What do you mean you don't know?" Lori snapped, "I mean none of us have touched, Otis did the hunting. I don't know, especially with her, the more trauma she has the more vivid they'll be the more likey when she wakes up if she wakes up she would have relived everything." Hershel said and Lori wanted to cry. She had her own share of trauma who didn't, but she didn't want Samantha to relive anything of her past.