3. One Day (Part 1): Waking Up

A/N: Hello! Today's story is uploaded here but will also be uploaded to my other one-shot and short stories book called "With Every Gaze and Touch" book. Feel free to check it out if you haven't already. Happy reading!

Plot: After yet another argument with his fake fiancé, Serkan Bolat from the present wakes up as his future self. What he discovers might shake him more than he thinks.

Serkan was mad. More than ever, he was sure that Eda only wished to get rid of him as soon as possible. She hated him. That much was clear. And to be honest he deserved it. After all, who would like to be engaged or to love an insensitive workaholic robot like him anyway?

He hit the steering wheel of his car angrily before going out and heading to his house, not before he almost slammed the door after him. He ran up the few stairs of the deck that led to the house, ignoring Seyfi's greeting as he passed him in the gardens. He wanted to see and hear no one.

He locked himself up in his house and started unbuttoning his shirt, throwing them with his pants and briefs in the washer before entering the shower. He let the hot water run down his body and relax his shoulders and back. His hands leaning on the wall for support, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Immediately, their last argument came to his mind. He could see her angelic features being torn with what he had initially thought was pain and sadness. It had confused him. Selin had announced them just this morning that Ferit and her were going to get married in a week, meaning the impeding end of Eda and his fake relationship.

"It's not that difficult to tell a woman that you want her Serkan Bolat."

Her words kept echoing in his ears. He had not answered, his heart shredded to pieces as he had looked at her perfect face and glistening eyes. He knew she meant it for Selin, but in truth he only thought of her, Eda. He didn't believe in love before he met her and he still didn't. But what were all those emotions, those things he felt when he was with her?

Images of them in Antalya, the first time she kissed him, then the second time at their engagement party, the way her face betrayed her emotions when he hurt her, accusing her of having given the designs to Kaan... All these memories swirled in his mind, playing him, cutting him deep.

Serkan turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. He dried himself with a towel and put on a shirt and pants. He decided to go to his telescope to distract his mind from today's events. Or to be honest, from her.

But as he looked at the sky and the trillions and billions sparkling stars that illuminated it, he couldn't help thinking how the most beautiful star was not actually among them. The most beautiful star only bore their name. Yildiz. Eda Yildiz.

"How I wish everything was different," he said with his eyes raised to the heavens. "How I wished we could forget all of this and just get on with our lives. She would be so much better off without me in her life."

He sighed. He didn't usually do this kind of things. He was pragmatic, a scientist. He was not one to talk to the sky. But yet again, nothing in his life made sense lately. She had turned his life, his habits, his whole being upside down and it seemed like it had no remedy.

"If only I could just go to bed, wake up and be done with all of this!" He exclaimed angrily.

He wasn't hungry and a headache was starting to pound on the insides of his skull. He took a painkiller then went straight to bed hoping to catch on some sleep. There was no point in staying awake and overthinking their situation. Eda would soon leave him and they would all go back to their lives. It would be better for her, better for him and for everybody.