Chapter 10

I watch in fascination as I successfully whirl a tornado on the ground. I twirl my fingers and watch as the sand rises in the air and whirls in a perfect circle. I twirl my fingers a little faster watching as the eye of the tornado forms and the speed increases right in front of my eyes.

"That's perfect, sestra. Now control it!"

I follow my older brother's instructions and in the next minute, steadily slow down the twirling of my fingers and watch as the sand beautifully falls back on the ground.

Letting out the breath that I had been holding this entire time, I blink a few times, not really believing that I did that.

I whirled a tornado with my bare fingers and brought it down with my determination. I can't believe that I had the capability to do that.

"That was great!" praises Fenris as I get up on my legs, still trying to balance myself without showing it to anyone. I look up at Fenris as his eyes shine with pride.

He's proud of me?

"Don't be so shocked, Nikita. I can sense that you have much more potential. That was just a glimpse," he says while pointing on the ground where just a few minutes ago I had whirled a small-sized tornado. He smiles at me, his eyes showcasing the pride that he feels for me and somewhere I feel my heartbeat increasing.

My heart feels full inside my chest and I really do not understand what this feeling is.

"Confused?" asks Fenris and I feel embarrassed that he is so in tune with my emotions. I duck my head, focusing on the ground and let my hair cover my face.

"Hah! That's happiness, sestra. What you are feeling is happiness and there's no need to feel confused about it," he explains and then hesitantly keeps his hand on my head.

The last time he had kept his hand on my head, I had flinched causing him to step back and apologize. However, this time I don't flinch back. I stand there and let his touch on my head wash over me.

When he realizes that I am not scared of his touch anymore, he smiles and then pats on my head twice, scattering the hair on my head. However, that one act of his gives way to a longing inside me. The bond that forms between us makes me want more.

I want to know my brother more and I want to be that easy-going with him.

We are both looking at each other, smiling and this time I know what he's feeling. He's happy and he's relieved that I am no longer afraid of his touch or his presence around me. In return, I feel gratitude towards him for making an effort for me.

"The pleasure is all mine, my dear sister," he whispers, knowing exactly what I am feeling and then bends to drop a kiss on my head. I hold my breath for a minute but it doesn't hurt me.

It feels good. No pain. Letting out my breath, I smile at Fenris when I realize that he's been waiting for my reaction. As soon as I smile at him, he returns it with his own grin while his eyes sparkle.

He has dad's eyes and it is the same smile. Dad had smiled down at me on that day too while mother was crying, whispering about how I will be a full witch.

The sudden memory of my very first day on this planet and my parents' doom wipes off the smile on my face. Fenris notices this probably because he raises his eyebrow at me and I have learnt in the past few days that whenever Fenris raises a brow it means that he's either asking something or waiting for the other person to confess something.

Usually, that other person is Sierra who always manages to overexert herself and then gets a scolding from Fenris on that matter. Once Sierra had ventured into the human market on her own without informing Fenris. When Fenris came to know about Sierra's outing, he had been furiously waiting on the pack gates for Sierra's return.