Epilogue

Georges soft palm slid through the pink pettles of the flowers. A soft smile formed across his cheeks, as his fingers slid along the stem.
The sun was setting on the horizon, red and yellow rays dancing in the sky like watercolour.
The leaves swayed slightly in the light wind, and Georges mind wondered with it.

The grass blades rustled as the wind picked up, and George stared.
Green was so pretty.
So he followed it.

He walked along fields, feeling the leaves crunch under his bare feet. He didn't know where he was going. And he started to run. The cool summer breeze flew through his hair, and George felt lost in it. Free, but lost. And alone.

And he ran, and he ran, and he ran.

-

Stars twinkled modestly in the night sky, peaceful and cool. It contrasted maliciously with the view that taunted Georges being.
He sighed.
Crumbled buildings littered the floors, broken paths, and ash imbedded into the dirt beneath him.

It almost looked like home.

Carefully, George wondered through the debris, a quiet abandoned city, that reflected far too much pain and chaos.

Pain and chaos that George lived through.

His heart ached, and his skin tickled in the cold air. He shivered.

The stars got brighter, and he noticed a building in the near distance.

His old holiday home.

Completely destroyed, crumbs of mushroom scattered around broken pieces of wood. George peered into the pit that used to be a beautiful lake, and the bridge lay at the bottom of it. Mould had begun to grow on the wet wood. The water had drained, but there was still a sizeable puddle. 2 beautiful fish swam in the blueness.
The same 2 fish that, months ago, George had stared at longingly, admiring their relationship, familiar with their love as he was experiencing the same kind.

Still standing after all the chaos, their noses brushed against each other, before they turned and touched fins. There wasn't enough room for them not to touch anymore.
But despite the sad sight, George huffed in amusement and clarity.

They'd stuck together through thick and thin, and now, at their worst, they were still there for each other.

And that was beautiful to George.

He related to the fish. Both of their stories started the same: lovers losing each other, then eventually finding one another again. Except, after having their home destroyed, the fish ended far closer to one another than ever, and George... George didn't get that happy ending.

A tear was Brought to his eye, as he smiled at the sight, and he wiped it away with a satisfied sigh. Then he continued on his walk.

Despite all the destruction, he could recognise his way around, silently pointing out old buildings in his head.

Tommy's house.
Tubbos home.

A soft smile formed as he reminisced all his happiest memories at the place he used to call home. He kept walking, hoping to unlock new ones.

The prison.

His smile faded, as the memories came back. Pure bloodshed. And his eyes sparkled. He walked towards the barely standing jail, stepping through the window.