Acknowledgements

Another chapter has come to an end.

This journey was so rewarding in so many ways. For one: writing a sequel is nostalgic in the sense that you get a chance to return to the characters and the world that you originally loved. That said, first installments have a tendency to set high expectations (rightfully so), and I was absolutely terrified of those expectations. For the first time, I wasn't writing just for myself and a handful of others.

I was writing for you.

But in the end, that was what truly made this journey so exceptional. You, my readers. There are too many of you to name here. But to all of you who stuck with this thing until the very end, to all of you who shared your theories, who lamented every failure and celebrated every triumph, and who waited oh-so patiently every week for that next update: thank you.

I know I can never say that enough. But you are what makes the sleepless nights and the endless hours staring at a blank screen worth it. And yes, I'm talking to you, too: my ghosts, the readers who have quietly followed along from the sidelines, loyal to the last. Your support is appreciated more than you'll ever know.

Thank you, thank you. Thank you.

Finishing a novel is a bittersweet feeling. I had a blast watching these characters grow with you, and I so look forward to doing it again in the third and final installment of this series.

[BOOK THREE: COMING SUMMER 2022]