"Liar!"

Luke's P.O.V.

I collected myself- enough to breathe again anyway, I wasn't quite ready to turn around but I don't think I'd ever be ready, so I did it anyway.

My eyes widened in shock once I was fully spun around, and they locked gaze with beautiful amaranthine ones.. the eyes I feared I'd never see again.

Zander's.

My best friend was standing right behind me. Immediately I had questions, naturally, but I was mainly confused on how. How had he come here? He was..is dead. He didn't look like it, in fact, he looked the same! His usually vivacious eyes were dull though now.

"H-hello?" My shaky voice blurted, "am I dreaming?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

Zander looked at me funny and then started to giggle. "No Luke! You aren't dreaming, silly."

"How-"

"Well you see-"

Luke cut him off, "I have to go find Hailey to show her! She's gonna be so happy."

Luke bolted to the door when Zander grabbed his wrist, "Hey uh, Luke? Could we keep this between us? I don't want Hailey to get upset."

"Upset?! Are you crazy? This will make her happier than ever!" The ginger haired boy practically shouted.

Zanders eyes quickly found the floor and a frown rested upon his face.

"Hey..Zander, I'll be ok. Don't worry." The golden eyed boy comforted. Then he left the room.

I rushed into the cafeteria to find Hailey's table, I know we had already practiced so it was time to eat but this was urgent.

"Hailey! Hailey! I have something to show you!" I beamed as I grabbed her hand and tugged on it a little.

"Woah woah woah Luke- slow down." The teal haired girl said as she tried to take her hand back, and when she did, I scratched the back of my head and gave her a sheepish giggle.

"Ok, we are going to the music room again to see something." I smiled, gesturing towards the door.

"Alright Peterson, I'm coming, don't rush me." The latter laughed.

We slowly walked down the hallway, but I was jumpy the whole time. The eagerness to show Hailey, Zander made me feel like I had just drank twenty cups of coffee.

Once we had reached the door I placed my hand on the silver door handle and turned it, slowly and dramatically.

"May I present to you-"

"Luke? There's nothing there but..how did the closet open?"

"Oh I'm sorry Hailey, I saw you left your key and I couldn't help myself!" I lied, trying to act natural.

"Ah, well, you brought me all the way here to give me the keys back? Ok then.." she replied and you could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"Wait! But don't you see him?! He's standing right in front of you!" I practically shouted.

"Who?! You are pointing at Zanders piano in the closet!" Her voice faltered, you could easily tell she didn't want to talk about him.

"No it's..it's Zander?.. can't you see?.." I asked weakly.

"Luke. If this is a joke, it's not funny." You could hear the pain hidden behind her sharp one and she looked like she was about to cry.

Her, Zander, and I had always been inseparable but to bring him up now? It hurt us both more than anything. That leaves me with one question,

why could I see him and she couldn't?

"That's low, Luke. Don't talk to me. Not until you stop to consider what you are saying. Life is not some dream or fairytale, Zanders gone. You need to let go."

The words ripped through my heart so swiftly and it left me here with a scar, one that may not be mendable.

Zander only stood there in complete shock and disbelief, his mouth gaped.

"Well?" I looked at the boy, "care to explain?"

Then I realized, he was gone. In a blink of the eye, literally.

- - -

I sat in my chair behind my desk and flipped on the light. My backpack was leaning on the chair legs and I carefully unzipped it, pulled out my urobilin folder, and pulled out my math homework.

I fought the urge to crumple it up out of frustration, what even happened earlier? I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the problems on the thin sheet, but it was hard to do considering..well, you know.

I slumped my head over into my desk and stared out the window, it was raining. The rain was very peaceful, like beautiful crystals falling from the sky and when hit perfectly with the light, glistened like a prism.

The light tapping on the window was rhythmic and could lull you to sleep in an instant, if you open your window it'll fill your room with a nice smell but it's an indescribable one.

A million thoughts raced through my head along with the unanswered questions already causing me a bad enough headache. And then there was the math homework.

I wish I could see you again, at least just so I could try to decipher what exactly is happening. For now, I better probably sleep, I can't focus on anything with all these voices running through my mind.

I scooted my chair out, stood up and made my way over to my bed, then I lay in it, encased in the white sheets and wrapped in a hug from the blankets. The pillow cradled my head perfectly and I was asleep in an instant.