𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏. - 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ‧₊˚

╔═.✵.══════════╗

" It's a little difficult when you're married to Madelyn. "

╚══════════.✵.═╝
she

I fidget with the silver ring on my finger.
I stare out my car window at the front door. Am I really doing this? Maybe I should back out now, it isn't too late. I mean, sure, I may have been parked in the driveway for the past 15 minutes, but they haven't seen me. They're probably asleep anyway. The lights are on though, so they'd be awake. Then again, maybe they forgot to turn them off. Emma's always been forgetful. No, knowing Norman they would've turned them off. This is stupid, I should just leave and come back later—
          The head of a familiar ginger anxiously peeks her head through the window. I freeze as her eyes glue to me. Her pink lips curve into a smile as she runs towards the door, darting towards me.
          I hesitantly step out of the car, welcoming her embrace. I shut my eyes, a smile creeping upon my lips.
          She squeezes me tightly. "I've missed you so much."
          "I missed you too."
          She doesn't pull away yet, just remaining in the concrete driveway with our arms wrapped around eachother.
          Finally, she pulls back and takes me by the hands, leading me towards the door. "Norman!" She calls out.
          We nearly run into him as he's waiting by the door. He picks me up into his arms and spins me around, pulling me into a quick hug. "Welcome back, y/n."
          I smile and pull back after a moment. They don't look any different. I still think of them as the two awkward teenagers too afraid to admit their feelings for one another. We've come a long way.
          As I'm led further into the house, they continue talking. "The three of us have been up all night waiting."
          I pause, frozen in my tracks. "...three?" They couldn't be talking about—"
          "Ray." Emma exhaled. "He's here too." She bites her lip anxiously.
          Norman looks at her, then flicks his gaze to me. "We weren't sure if you wanted him here or not... but he wanted to see you. Besides, if you're moving here, you'll be seeing him around anyway."
          I nod, surprised. "Yeah, right— I'm just a little surprised."
          "Understandable. He's asleep though, on the couch." The albino gestures towards the living room.
          I peer in that direction, noticing someone lying there. I inhale a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. They don't follow me as I slowly make my way into the room, so many different emotions and thoughts going through my head. Is he still the same? Are his eyes still the colour of a evergreen forest? Does he still do that stupid scoff thing? Does he ever think about me?
          I'm standing in front of him now, looking down at him. His hair is covering his face, but not in the way it used to. It's just because he's lying on his side, his hair is a mess and covering his eyes.
          I kneel down beside him, wondering if I should wake him or not. Should I do anything? I hesitantly raise my finger to his face, pulling back for a moment. I gently push his hair out of his eyes. I examine his features. His eyelashes look so delicate, his cheeks pale yet soft looking, his lips look soft and so peaceful when he sleeps. Scratch that, his lips always look perfect; He always looks perfect. I still remember the time we kissed. Butterflies begin to flutter throughout my stomach. I pull my hand away. I'll just leave him be.
          I stand and turn away, slowly returning my hand to my side. It's stopped. Something has stopped it from retreating to my hip. I blink with confusion and look at it, seeing another's hand on my wrist. His touch is so gentle I didn't even feel any pressure against my skin.
          "Y/n?" He mumbles, slowly sitting up. His dark eyelashes flutter against his cheeks as he raises his eyes to me. Ray. His lips curve into a slight smile and his face softens when he recognises me.
          "Hey, Ray." I stutter and gulp.
          It feels so odd as we stare at one another. So many memories are flashing through our minds.
          I felt a slight tug on my arm, as if he almost pulled me into his lap before stopping himself. He raises to his feet, wrapping his arms around me. As I slowly wrap mine around him, I feel comfortable. He's so warm, he's always given the best hugs. I missed this, so much. It feels so nice to have his arms around me, this is the safest I've felt in a long time. But moments like these don't last forever. He's married now, and I shouldn't overstep any boundaries. No matter how bad I want to.
          I pull back quickly. "It's good to see you."
          He clears his throat, "you too."
          I flash a quick smile, the quietness of the room overwhelming me.
          I walk fast as we make our way back to Emma and Norman. They're leaning against the entryway to the living room as if they were listening. Luckily we didn't give them much to react to.
          I smile, "he's up."
          Ray scratches the back of his neck and yawns. "I'm still tired."
          "Of course you are, when are you not tired." Emma scoffs.
          "You really need to get some sleep, Ray." Norman frowns.
          "I know." He sighs.
          Norman continues, "seriously, get some melatonin or something. This isn't healthy." It almost sounded as if he was scolding him.
          "Yeah well it's a little difficult when you're married to Madelyn." He exhaled with frustration.
          We went quiet, to which Ray noticed. He seemed to have regret for his words.
          "Jeez Norm, being a dad has gotten to your head." I say in an attempt to bring back conversation.
          Norman chuckles, "Being the dad of kids like those isn't very easy."
          Emma laughs and playfully hits him on the arm. "Oh stop it, they aren't that bad."
          I smile and notice Ray staring at me in the corner of my eye. His eyes show he appreciated me changing the subject.
          "I almost forgot! If it's okay with you y/n, we were going to invite some people from high school over tonight to celebrate your return!" Emma exclaims happily.
          Honestly, I'm not too fond of that idea. Most people from our high school were stuck-up and obnoxious.
          "Sounds great."
          "Perfect! But we all should really get some sleep, especially you y/n, you've had a busy last few hours."
          I scoff, "tell me about it."
          "I should be getting home now." Ray sighs.
          Norman raises an eyebrow. "What? Why?"
          "I wouldn't want to be over welcoming my stay, y/n is staying here already."
          Norman rolls his eyes. "Stop with your nonsense, Ray. You are more than welcome to stay here too. You'd have to sleep on the couch though as y/n is sleeping in the guest room."
          Ray blinks, "are you sure?"
          "Positive."
          At least we don't have to share a bed.

*ੈ‧₊˚

1203 words ( sorry it's short, but I really wanted to give you guys something !! )