Henituse Territory

Cale had never thought that going home would be something so disastrous.

But it is.

All because the news of him returning to the territory, after nearly two months being caged in the palace, got caught and soon spread like wildfire—

Alberu INSISTED for Cale to prolonged his stay after he fainted just as he firstly asked to go outside... which is, none other than the garden incident.

Cale, of course, had tried to explained to them that he merely take a nap, but sadly no one believed him.

Either way, it was a headache after a headache.

"...why are these people here?"

'Don't they have better things to do?'

Cale complained as he heard cheers of adults and children resounding despite how he keep his curtain drawn as he did not want to witness such horrifying sight with his own eyes.

"They're greeting their young master's return, of course, young master Cale"

That was Mary who innocently answered to his rhetorical question.

"Why would they greet such a trash... just, what kind of twisted story is this?"

Cale mumbled to himself, not knowing that both Rosalyn and Mary reacted immediately to that claim though did not say anything and just looked at each other with meaningful stares.

Obviously, if either Ron or Choi Han, who are guarding the carriage outside, heard about this, they'd definitely reacted differently.

That being said, Raon is not planning to be all hush hush with what his guardian just said.

"Human! How many times do we need to tell you? You are not a trash!"

He scolded the red-haired human as he's not yet fully comfortable on calling Cale with what his two older siblings would.

"Dongsaeng is right, Dad. You are definitely NOT a trash. You are our dad, nya."

Hong also said as if it was obvious.

While On, simply stared at the dumbfounded male as if saying 'give it up'. She knows that Cale would not be able to win this nor explain what he truly means.

On, that silver Cat, as always, actually understand what Cale means by not wanting to change.

Being 'a trash' is freedom to Cale.

Freedom from the needs to act like a true noble he's not.

Freedom from nobles' duty.

After all, Cale does not want to be shackled by anything, including custom culture and all.

In a way, he's truly a free spirited person.

However, his understanding is a bit twisted due to his self awareness of all the shits he's done. He's focused to the wrong lines.

And at this point, On found it difficult to explain all of this to his stubborn father and the excessively worried family.

If there's anything she learned well from Cale's behavior is to ignore everything that looked complicated.

Which, it seems like, she did it quite well, since Cale is currently practicing that behavior once again.

"I see. Okay."

He curtly said as if agreeing since he's unbothered to give proper explanation to any of these young children.

As expected of Cale.