15: The Next Generation

"Ugh, I hate this place," you say under your breath as Naoya nods in agreement to your comment as the two of you stand in front of the gate leading to the Zenin house. It's still as beautiful as the first time you saw it, but you know what kind of filth hides behind these spotless walls and beautiful gardens.

"Don't worry babe, after today it'll be the last time either of us has to step foot in this godforsaken house," Naoya reminds you as he grabs your hand and squeezes it tightly.

It's been a couple of months since the fiasco with Adira but thankfully she hasn't shown any signs of trauma from the experience. She continues to desire to train and her painting technique is versatile and dangerous. However, it turns out that when she unleashed her curse for the first time the Zenin caught a whiff of it and did some digging.

You wanted to keep it a secret from these power-hungry assholes a while longer, but they found out the truth that Geto uncovered for you. As expected, they want your power now more than ever and especially hers. It's been weeks since they've been trying to reach out to you and Naoya and you've finally decided to come and provide your responses in front of the entire clan.

"It's been a while since I've seen that asshole's face, he has no shame suddenly offering you the position as next clan head after hearing that we're having a son huh? What a shallow piece of shit, I'm still pissed off that I didn't squash him during that first brawl after we started dating. Have to give up my title as the strongest female jujutsu sorcerer my ass," you continue to ramble on as Naoya chuckles at your annoyance.

Naoya had been trying to convince Naobito for years that he was the better option over Megumi by spending time engaged with the Zenin politics and working hard for the clan's benefit, meanwhile, Megumi didn't even want the position or anything to do with the Zenin just like his father. 

Now that Naobito has been made expressly aware of your strength, or more importantly how that'll impact your children's strengths, he's come to his senses and suddenly decided to warm up to the two of you.

"I'd like to think that today's result will be much more rewarding than if we did indulge back then, though I'm not opposed to wiping out my clan if they refuse to accept my decision. A part of me hopes they try it, I feel like I've been getting rusty these past few years," Naoya says while cracking his fingers, a devious grin spreads across his face as you smirk.

You can't help the fact that mischievous Naoya is one of the personas you love most. There's just something special about seeing his sharp golden eyes burning with animosity towards anyone who pisses you off.

You feel a sharp kick and reach for your stomach while rubbing it tenderly. You're only a few months along with your second child, but already he's way antsier than Adira was to get out. He seems more sensitive to your and even Naoya's emotions while Adira was more sensitive to cursed energy.

"Easy there, your bloodlust is making Akio kick around. I'd like to get this sorted out as quickly as possible so that we can head back home. Goodness knows what kind of mess Gojo and Adira are making at home with her training," you say in an exhausted tone as Naoya stares at you accusingly.

"My bloodlust?! You're the one who was just thinking about crushing my dear precious father. Surely Akio just didn't like hearing his mom talk about killing his grandfather," Naoya says in a voice oozing with fake sincerity making you snort as the doors to the Zenin house suddenly open. Two servants stand on the other side of the open door instantly making your and Naoya's moods shift to become serious once more.