Chapter 1

A teenaged boy stared out the window at an island shrouded in darkness in the distance. The Isle of the Lost, it was called.

Meanwhile, the tailor was taking his measurements while two other teens stood off to one side, his brother's measurements having already been taken.

"Are you sure about this?" Rachel - daughter to Red Riding Hood - asked him.

"Weren't you the one who suggested the idea?" Bailey - the eldest son to King Adam and Queen Belle as well as next in line for the throne - asked in return.

"Yes, because I know my twin sister is over there, but it's not just her being brought over is it?" Rachel replied.

"Well, it's hardly fair that she alone gets a chance." Bailey told her.

"I just have a bad feeling, is all. Like something's going to happen." She admitted.

Ben - the youngest son of King Adam and Queen Belle as well as Bailey's twin - stepped forward to comfort his girlfriend and childhood friend as he took a gentle hold of her hands.

"Rach, it's going to be okay." He assured her. "Nothing's going to happen."

Rachel sighed softly through her nose and gave a nod in acknowledgement of his words. Ben then released one of her hands to place his own on the side of her face before giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

If you're wondering why her sister is over on the Isle whilst she's in Auradon, it's because of their mother.

Rachel was supposed to be sent over there too, but she was left behind in the woods in her mother's panic to get them to the Isle of the Lost as soon as possible. As Karma would have it, her mother also ended up getting stuck over there when the limo she took ended up leaving her behind, the influence of the villains around her and her hatred for the daughter she was left with turning her into a villain herself.

The reason she was sending them over there? Because she was worried they'd turn out like their father, The Wolf. Yup, that's right. Red Riding Hood and the Wolf had children together, though it wasn't willingly on either end.

Red managed to sustain an injury and, when the Wolf was killed in order to free her and her grandmother, some of his blood got into her wound and somehow combined with her DNA.

How was a child made in that situation? Magic, I guess.

Anyway, moments after that conversation, the King and Queen made their way into the room.

They glanced over at their youngest son and his girlfriend, before sharing a warm smile. They were more than happy accept Rachel as their daughter-in-law one day.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned King next month?" King Adam said as he turned to his eldest son. "You're just a baby."

"He's turning sixteen, Dear." Queen Belle reminded her husband.

"Hey, Pops." Bailey and Ben greeted their father whilst Rachel gave a respectful bow.

"Sixteen? That's far too young to be crowned King." Adam said. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least fourty-two."

Belle briefly gave him a look.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at twenty-eight." She told him.

"Well, it was either you or a teapot." He replied, sending a wink to the three amused teens in front of him. "I'm kidding."

"Mum, Dad." Bailey began as he attempted to step forwards, only for the tailor to tutt at him as he was measuring his pants. "I've chosen my first official proclamation."