trust

As the door swung open I expected to see the kind one again, but that is not what happened. Two men came in with menacing auras. Tall and black the soldiers started to come at me reaching out their hands to grasp my arms. my head now being healed I could now run, and that's exactly what I did. I ran. I ran to one wall in hopes they would stop, I ran to the other and the other, every corner I could find. But my efforts were futile, in the end the solder grabbed me. In a last effort to break free I started to pump my wings pleading them to let me go, but as they start to loose grip I was struck from behind. It felt like a sting at first, but my eyes started to close, my body fell week, and just as my vision was going out, I heard a commotion at the door. My last sight was of the kind one, running to my side.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Back in the four walls I thought I knew as safety, a tray of food beside me. I threw the blankets off to see if they had done anything. I looked up and down my body scouring every inch for a cut, a scratch, anything. And when I got to my wings I began to weep. Cut. Every white feather, cut. I reached up to my head looking in the food tray as a mirror. They had cut my wings. I sat there with tattered wings and a sheared sole. Crying and wailing into the gray abyss.

It was about a day or so before the kind one visited again. The door open with it's loud buzz and in he walked. He came around the door slowly and when he saw what they had done, his face started to get pail. He covered his mouth as he stared and started to cry, dropping the clipboard and pen he came in with. Taking a few wobbly steps forward he sank to the floor. I sat in the corner trying to hide my cliped wings with one of the blankets he had brought in before. Reaching out a had in my direction he breathed "oh no. My little wi.... what, what did they do to your wi....., I'm so sorry." I shrank back into the corner. I had no intention of letting him touch me again. I looked to the side as I whispered "go away." As I did, he returned his hand to his lap. He didn't move most likely because he couldn't understand me. He tried to speak again but I cut him off. "Little wi...." ..... "Go Away!" I yelled. He fell back as I snapped at him with tear filled eyes. I started to weep again as he slowly got up and headed towards the door. "I am truly sorry little one." He said as the door closed behind him. I, was alone again.

The days turned to weeks, and the weeks to months. I felt betrayed by the only person in that grey hell that tried to help me. I hade no intention of trusting him again. Now, every time he was outside the door, I could hear him arguing with someone else. I could only assume they were fighting about me. For months I would hear their muffled chattering through the door, thinkng this is the day they get rid of me. But that changed one day.

I was next to the door listening to the conversation, if you could call it that. I heard falos neon, "you should have never done that. How could you." "We had no choice," came another voice," those, things were going to become a big issue...". "They are called wings Joseph!" I jumped at the volume of falos neon's voice. "Now, I am going to try and get some progress with her. You get your white coat, and stupid shoes out of my way! And take your, soldiers, with you." I started to back away from the door as I could hear falos neon's footsteps getting closer. I reached the back wall just as the door buzzed open. I took my blanket and covered the shameful display upon my back. When he came in the room he looked exhausted. His shirt was riddled with wrinkles, his pants were only half tucked into his shoes, and his hair was a tangled mess. As he adjusted his glasses he spoke softly. "Hey there little one. I have something new for you." He gave a soft smile as he placed the trey of food in the center of the room. There were the usual red berries, and some nuts he had given me before, but now there was this small chunk of something bright orange in the tray. "Strawberrys, pecans, and this is what we call cheese." He turned to leave, "I hope you like it." For the first time in months, I felt safe again. I knew that my friend didn't betray me but was furious about what happened. As he was about to exit he looked back. My fase was wet with tears and a look of longing. As he saw my face he smiled a sad smile and closed the door with another buzz behind him. I started to cry. I wanted him to come back, I wanted to say I was sorry, to say I was wrong. But today's chance was gone, I would have to wait until tomorrow.

Tomorrow came and so I was ready to see him again, but it was not falos neon that walked through the door today. Eager to see my friend, when the door to my cage opened once more I started to move quickly toward it, still hiding my shame with a blanket. I was going so fast I almost didn't see it. As the door swung open there it was, one of the black soldiers that stood outside my door, holding my try of food. I immediately ran backing up to the wall. The gard didn't speak. It came, sat down the food at the door, and it left. I slowly went over to get my tray, sat down on my bed, and ate. "But, where is falos neon?" I thought.

I waited for the next day to come, no falos neon. I waited another day, and another. No falos neon. I waited a fourth day, ponding on the door. "Please!" I begged, "give me back my friend!" I waited a fifth day, a sixth day. The door opened, the gard came in and as the door was shutting I ran up to it. "no, No NO!" Slam! The door shut. "No, please." I said as I slid down the door starting to weep, "give me back my friend."