Chapter 30 "Our Own Downfall"

Y/n knew right then that there was no way out of this catastrophe. Taehyun had already found out even before she decided to take off her mask. Taehyun had always known it but due to other people's response to his outrageous conclusions,
he had drifted far away from what he knew.

Of all the kinds of gazes Taehyun had thrown to Y/n, the current one was the most unreadable. Taehyun's the only one who'd be able to wrap his emotions with his intimidating eyes and it had always been like that.

Taehyun felt his heart drop and momentarily stopped from beating when Y/n brought her fingers up to her face, carefully, she took off her mask. Eyes brimming with prevented tears, she took an ounce of her courage to look back at him.

"Y-You're right.. it's me."

It wasn't easy for the both of them. Taehyun looked unfazed, as if he had seen this coming way back since the start. However, his lips quivered as his mind caught up everything in just seconds.

And by everything.. it meant Y/n's entirety to him. His wife.

The one he verily fell for.

The one whom he loved so dearly with him realizing it later.

The one his heart chose out of all the women who seduced, charmed, and appealed to him.

The only one he had trusted with taking care of his heart.

Had.

All that now suddenly withered into ashes.

Taehyun's thin lips curved into a smile. Not a sincere one, rather, it held uncertainty and coldness, a tint of hurt for his side. He backed away, his hands turned clammy as he brought one of them to brush through his silver locks.

As Y/n's whole facial features were finally revealed to him, all Taehyun could to at first was to examine how exquisite she was, especially under the moonlight seeping through the window.

His dark brown orbs were still falling for how tempting his wife looked like. He stared at her slightly parted lips, up to her cheeks and nose, and her eyes.

A chuckle left Taehyun's mouth as he stared back at her, "Well done, Y/n."

Lost and confused, Y/n watched Taehyun stride towards the door that was near them, the chilly air and gloominess enveloped the two as Y/n quickly followed him.

"Taehyun, wait please!"

His hand was a few inches from the door until he turned around with the coldest gaze he had ever mustered.

"You did so well already, Y/n," Taehyun hissed out to her, his voice coming up louder, "You fooled around me, you lied and played shit with me! I know I had always been a dick to you and all I did was to fuck both our lives but you didn't have to go this far! Breaking my exteriors when I've built them for years. This is why you never left my side since the day we met because I couldn't return what you felt for me, I couldn't look at you the way you look at me, I can't give you what you wanted. You never stopped because you wanted to go ahead of yourself and call this your sweet revenge against me. You had all of this since the beginning!"

To break down was an understatement, Y/n was terrified of the words he chose. Still, she decided to explain her side and conceal her own brokenness.

"No! You're taking it wrongly, you know I love you, Taehyun-"

Scoffing, Taehyun could feel all the bad things and he didn't even care about how this night will end for the both of them. "You call this love, seriously? You are so fucking selfish! You badly wanted me to be head over heels with you, have my attention to yourself, have me plead to you and wrapping me around your finger!"