Girls

-Peter Parker-

-Peter Parker-

Ned and I decided to show up to Liz's party. I had even brought my Spidey suit to maybe use it as an opportunity to prove to Flash that he's wrong. That I do know Spider-Man well I am him, but whatever, you know what I mean.

So, that day Ned and I asked Aunt May to drive us over. She was so excited for us but of course she has to get all weird and talk about my feelings and body changes.

Anyways, May left us at Liz's house and she greeted us right away. Flash ruined the vibe. He won't shut up with that stupid Penis Parker. What's his problem? what did I ever do to him? This could be my big chance to win over Liz and he always has to go on and ruin it. Always.

I didn't want to use Spider-Man for my own benefit. He was not a party trick. I told Ned maybe I could be myself but he didn't seem to like the idea. He's my best friend, but he's also Spider-Man's biggest fan. He suffered bullying just as much as I did and I wanted to give him recognition for being friends with a superhero but I wasn't sure.

Besides all my doubts here I stood debating my choices on Liz's house's roof. I remove my layer of clothes that hide my suit and practice a few lines.

"What am I doing?" I whisper suddenly embarrassed I think this would ever work out.

Liz thought Spider-Man was an incredible and amazing superhero who was just as cool as Iron Man. What would she think if she found out it was me? Would she be surprised, angry, disappointed?

Maybe I should just give up on her. I mean I got this far but would she ever really like me? Feelings. They're terrible.

Girls they're so difficult to understand. They are so much more different with guys, but in a more complicated way.

There were two girls I thought of all the time now. Mainly Liz, but also Gwen.

I still couldn't believe she had talked to me. I couldn't stop sweating. It happens to me every time I try to talk to pretty girls. Or maybe it isn't just pretty girls.When I talk to Mr. Stark I sweat like crazy and I don't think he would appreciate it if I basically insulted him by calling him a pretty girl.

Liz.

Gwen.

What do I do?

-Gwen Stacy-

The next day.

I was looking forward to chemistry today. After talking to Peter, I couldn't wait to do it again. Find out more of his academical achievements. He was brilliant. I desired a friend. Peter seemed so kind. He was very shy but i liked that about him. He wasn't surrounded by a crowd. He was easy to talk to. I enjoyed speaking to him.

I got to class right away and eagerly sat in my science stool. We had finished the last unit rather quickly and the teacher was bound to announce something new.

Peter walked in seconds before the tardy bell went off. His mouth was slightly open and he seemed a little out of breath. He walked quickly towards his designated seat in front of my lab station. His eyes raised as he walked and met mine. I gave him a small grin and he returned the favor.

Like mom said. Make a friend.

"Alright class," the teacher claps her hands to gather out attention. "Today we will be starting a new unit. Therefore we will be working with new partners. So everyone stand up and pair up with one other person." Flash's hand shot up right away. "And before you ask, no Flash there cannot be a group of three or more."

"Aw come on!" He complains throwing his arm down.

This is it. My chance to befriend Peter. I was not shy so I was not about to back down. When I decided something I stood by it. So I stood from my spot, grabbed my backpack and took those few steps forward towards Peter Parker.

The boy was slouched over his textbooks, his chin laying on his arms that were crossed above them. His back was to me. So I tapped him on the shoulder gently. The action made him straighten up and turn his entire body towards my direction.

"Hi Peter," I held onto my chem book tightly. "You want to be lab partners?"

"Oh um h-hi, hi Gwen," he stutters a tiny bit. "You want to be partners with me?" He says as if I'm asking a very odd question. His finger points towards himself.

I nod. "Yeah I mean. If you want to. You don't have to if you don't. I was just asking." I explain.

"Yeah," he gives me a toothy grin. "Sure."

"Awesome." I fist bump myself mentally. "Where do you want to sit?" Personally I didn't have a preference so maybe this could start another conversation.

"Um.." Peter presses his lips together as he thinks. "Back there?" He points his pencil at my previous seat which remains empty.

"Okay." I nod.

Peter's quiet. I expected that considering I didn't hear much about him around here. His name was out there academically. Well until now. With the rumors about him knowing Spider-Man. He was a daily conversation topic.

Either way I liked his vibe. He had changed a bit through the years. He didn't wear glasses anymore. He had also gotten a bit taller and a lot more handsome to be honest. He wasn't scrawny and skinny anymore. Almost like he had done heavy weightlifting throughout the past few years.

I am not a stalker. I was just observant. I noticed things others didn't really. I stood back and watched others lives from a distance. Which is why I was working on that. The whole making friends thing mom bugged me about. This was the beginning.

"You don't talk much do you?" I ask, setting my chem book on the black lab desk. Peter follows my actions taking the stool beside mine.

"I just don't know what to say." He answers shyly. "Why would you even want to be lab partners with me?" His brown eyes meet mine.

The corners of my lips tug upwards as if he was asking a stupid question. "That's easy," I tell him, "you're a very likable person Peter Parker."

His reaction makes me happy. His eyes grow softer and more calm and he grins.

Peter was easy to compliment. So far everything I have learned about him was incredible. He was an intelligent guy who had a high level scientific internship. He was kind and calm when he spoke. A little shy at times but very cool.

Peter Parker. We are going to be great friends.

*******