{I NEED YOU TO BELIEVE ME}

Remus was sitting on his bed, his thoughts clouded around this particular book he was reading at the moment.
He read quickly, like he was expecting something to happen, something that will wake him up from this endless slumber he was in, something he could think about in his free hours.

    And there it came;

     Dear you, you who had never been here to watch me grow, hatefully turning your back to me when I made a silly mistake as to trust you.
Out of spite you tore me apart, you didn't care, my dear father.
And you who had given me life, you who had held me in your arms when I was only just born, you hateful being, are the reason for my bitter death.

      He read.
      He was resting his back on the wall, as the dim light —just enough so he could make out the black letters printed on the pages of his book— kept his eyes open, thought not for long, as the tall boy felt a wave of tiredness hit him abruptly.
      This book was causing him actual pain, he felt shattered, and could somehow relate to this strange feeling the girl in his book was describing.
He was so distracted, that he didn't even notice the black-haired boy entering their shared room.

      His vision blurred and just then, he realised the tears that had been streaming down his sharp cheeks had started to spill, barely hiding behind his brown hair, lightly falling in front of his eyes.
Sirius froze in his place as he saw the other boy in tears.

     "Moony? Are you alright?"
He asked cautiously, barely being able to mask his concern, as not to disturb Remus. He quickly got closer to the brunette's bed and knelt down before him.
"Are you reading that sad book again?"
Sighed Sirius, eyeing the book in Remus's lap, recognizing the title.
'The life of the torn hearts'
He lowered it from Remus's hands, gaining his full attention.

     "Moony, quit reading these sad books again and again, you just get your heart broken each time."
Scoffed James as he snatched the book from Remus's hands.
"Give it back Prongs"
Remus was crying bitterly, as he looked up at his friend and half-heartedly tried to reach and get his book back.
"Please, James"
He sighed desperately, closing his eyes and resting his head back on the wall.

      The black-haired boy remembered the last time someone had tried stopping Remus from reading.
And it hadn't ended good.
For the rest of the day, the boy didn't meet anyone's eyes.
He was just walking around, or just gazing out the window hopelessly, staring at the 2nd/3rd years building snowmen and having snowball fights.

      He didn't want to see his Moony in such a state again. It broke his heart to have to watch his roommate half-heartedly moving around and doing things forcedly.
Remus sighed and dropped his head low.
"Can you please just let me read and cry in peace?" He eyed Sirius desperately.
Remus's eyes gave away the raw emotion he was experiencing. His eyes were red and puffy, seemingly worsening his dark circles.
Despite the disasterous state he was in, he looked beautiful, in Sirius's eyes.
Like a child, a child who had been torn away from it's mother, and kept away from anyone and everything it loved.
Sirius couldn't help but feel his heart shattered at the soul wounding sight.

      That look woke up something in Sirius' mind and heart. He took a step back, and locked eyes with Remus. His eyes grew wide and his breath hitched in his throat.
He felt butterflies swell up and explode in his stomach, as he had caught the other's eye. His eyes shined in a hint of knowledge of what he was going through.  He sucked in a sharp breath as the realisation hit him like the Knight's Bus.

      All this time, they had been dancing around eachother, all this time they had been looking at eachother, but not really.
All this time they had been clueless as shit.