[1] Blooming Waves

Rough and raspy sounds of the wheels barreled through the congested airport of Okinawa as you made your way towards the exit. You adjusted your grip on your big luggage and duffle bag on your shoulders as you halted, taking in the fresh air and breathtaking scenery of Okinawa. The air in Okinawa is certainly different from Tokyo's and you felt freshened by that fact. The 2-hour flight from Tokyo wasn't that bad either, you mused. you stared at the bright blue skies, determination overflowing in your body.

'This is the beginning of a good life. Finally, freedom from unwanted attention.' you thought, grimly.

◢✥◣

Growing up, you excelled in all categories of education and sports. Straights A's, Honors, and awards piling up in your room staring at you mockingly. A dream you carried, placed on your shoulders forcefully by your father, to become a doctor like him acted like shackles and tight collars that strangled you every step you took in achieving your passion. You hated it. You hated every single expectation set to you by your father and relatives on your father's side.

Your mother, who is working overseas to achieve her dream in life, is mostly absent beside you growing up. You grew accustomed to nannies and maids fretting over you. You felt like they were more your family than your father and mother could ever be. You thought you could withstand the family's pressure but all walls came crashing down when they decided to get you married for the sake of the family's benefit.

Of course, You firmly rejected the proposal. There's no way you are going to marry someone you don't know and don't love. A loveless marriage like your parents will result in unforeseen disaster. Right there on the spot, you wished you had your mother's freedom. But she had to give you up in order to achieve that freedom.

You decided enough was enough. Storming out, you pulled out and dropped from cram schools they applied you on, and left home. Furious and ashamed of your actions, your family disowned you and never contacted you again. They as well put a quell on supporting your tuition and allowances, thus you started working part-time.

You've been living with your best friend the duration of your 2nd year in college. You changed courses to Arts and Design, even if you have to start from scratch, it is something you love doing thus, it became your motivation, alongside your best friend's support.

In the duration of your stay in this course, you found an opportunity that can benefit you in the long run. Your university is running a work immersion and exchange program to various prefectures in Japan. You were thrilled by the fact you can leave Tokyo to a new life in the remaining years of your studies. You didn't let the opportunity pass. After hours of perfecting your Resume and attending virtual interviews, you got accepted to work under a man named Mr. Sakurayashiki in Okinawa.

"Why do you have to apply for a job so far from Tokyo? How will you manage your living expenses?" Yasu, your best friend asked. You hummed, double checking your luggage. "The farther from home, the better." You stated and Yasu hummed in understanding. Grinning, she smacked you lightly.

"Go, live the life you wanted. You're finally free." You grinned, mirth crinkling in your eyes. "Thank you, Yasu! I'll keep contact, I promise!" You held your best friend in a headlock, live chortles brightening up the room.