17) What's wrong!?

Author's POV

Rosetta slowly opened her eyes tiredly. She blinked her heavy eyelids and stared at the ceiling. Then she realised that she is not in her room.

She quickly sat up and looked around and realised that she in skyler's bedroom. She couldn't understand why she slept for so long. It was past 8 am.

Skyler was nowhere to be seen. She stood up from the bed and her legs felt better than yesterday, her body pain was also better and she doesn't know why. It was supposed to get worst.

Rosetta sighed rubbing her face and checked her mobile. She got few messages from her father and rest from unknown number which she doesn't need to find out, she knows who is it. She replied to her father's messages and blocked the unknown number.

She placed the mobile aside and looked at herself, she was in oversized tshirt and boxers. She understood that it's skyler's clothes as it has his scent.
'did he changed my clothes?'
That thought made her uncomfortable.

She saw her clothes placed on the side table which were washed. She went to the washroom and brushed her teeth with new brush which was in cabinet. The washroom was huge and beautifully decorated.

By now she has understood that Skyler likes his things neat and clean. He prefers expensive and branded things. His choice is Royal. She couldn't see even one simple thing in his bedroom, everything was unique.

She took off her clothes and inspected her bruises, pain was better than yesterday. Thankfully only her hands and legs were injured not back and stomach.
She took a quick shower and came out but still Skyler wasn't there. She decided to head down but then suddenly door got opened and Skyler entered.

Rosetta looked at him, he was covered in blood. His hair was messy and eyes were burning in rage. She travelled her eyes on him and landed on his knuckles. He had bloody knuckles which indicates that he has beaten someone very badly. His white t-shirt was stained with blood.

He looked at her with pissed off expressions but she kept her face blank not reacting to his state.

He walked passed by her towards the washroom and slammed the door shut. Rosetta couldn't understand his behavior.
May that's what he was talking about, That he can't play nice with girl after torturing the life out of someone. She didn't bother to react and head downstairs, she was already late for her practice.

She was about to head outside but Sarah saw her.
"Rosa?"
She stopped her.

Rosetta stopped and turned around.
"Good morning ma'am"

"Good morning dear... You can call me mom, we will be family soon..."
Sarah smiled brightly at her.
"How are you feeling now?... You had fever yesterday..."
She asked.

Rosetta looked at her confused.
"What are you talking about?"

Sarah frowned.
"Didn't Skyler tell you anything?"
Rosetta shook her head.
"He brought you home when you were sleeping. I saw him in the corridor looking for medical kit, he was so worried about you yesterday. He asked me to check on you, that's how I know. You had very bad bruises, he even applied ointment on it...."
She laughed.
"Well Roy told me about it, he was whining that Skyler finished his ointment... To be honest, yesterday he reminded me of my past. Xavier used to do the same for me. It feels so special, isn't it?..."

Rosetta nodded awkwardly, she had no idea that so much happened while she was sleeping. She didn't know that Skyler would do something like this for her. He clearly mentioned that he won't be there for her then why he did all that.

"By the way where were you going?"
Sarah asked.

"Home... I am late for practice and I need to go to the academy... Skyler is busy so I'll take the cab..."
She answered.

Sarah frowned.
"What?... No!... It doesn't sound right at all... First of all its Skyler's responsibility to drop you home safely because he picked you up. And how can you say that, he is your boyfriend. You should demand it. You are too kind to him, very bad..."
She said disappointed.
"And I can't let you go like this... You are still weak, you need to have breakfast first. Come!.."

"It's okay ma'am... I mean mom... I am fine now. I should go home now..."
Rosetta said.

"This is going to be your home now. Get used to it..."
Sarah wrapped her arm around her shoulder and led her towards dining hall.
"Sit... Finish your breakfast. Skyler will drop you home..."

Rosetta nodded reluctantly and started eating her breakfast while Sarah was sitting beside her.
"There he is"
She said when she saw Skyler coming towards them. He was all ready for the day.

He greeted his mother and sat down, Sarah frowned at him.
"Did you guys fight?"
She asked and they both looked at her.

"No!"
They both replied in unison.

"Then why you didn't greet her and why she was leaving without you. Skyler she is your responsibility, she should be your first priority no matter how busy you are..."
Sarah Scolded. Skyler frowned and looked at Rosetta not knowing what his mother is saying.

"No! It's not his fault..."
Rosetta quickly replied.
"He usually greets me with kiss but I told him not to because I was sick and I don't want to infect him... And I was getting late so I thought i should leave because he came with____"

Skyler quickly grabbed Rosetta's hand under the table making her look at him. He gave her warning glare and she frowned.
"Because I was working all night mom... But I told her to wait, I was going to drop her. She didn't listen, she wanted to go home..."
Skyler said looking at his mom.
"We didn't fight..."
He squeezed her hand telling her to agree with him.

"That's right"
Rosetta agreed and snatched her hand away from his hold.

"Okay... Drop her home... And meet me after that. I have to discuss about wedding planning..."
She stood up.
"Take care dear..."
She smiled at Rosetta and walked away.

When she disappeared from their site Skyler stood up.
"Don't talk about violence in front of mom, she is too sensitive for that shit... If you are done then let's go..."
He sounded mad.

Rosetta stood up leaving her plate as it is. She followed him outside.
"I can go by myself... If you are busy..."
She said.

Skyler looked at her annoyed.
"Shut up and get inside the car... I don't have time to argue with you now. You have wasted my enough time..."

Rosetta frowned at him. She couldn't understand why he is so mad with her. Whatever the reason was, she wasn't there to listen his bullshit.
"That's it... I am leaving..."
She said and turned around to leave.

Skyler clenched his jaw and grabbed her by arm. He slammed her against the car door.
His furious hot breathing was fanning her confused face.
"Get inside the car..."
He gritted.
"Don't try my fucking patience..."

"What's wrong with you... You were fine yesterday."
She asked confused.

Skyler closed his eyes and tried to control himself.
"Nothing... I am___ just get inside the car..."
He said, this time with more gentle tone.
"My sister is watching us Rosa, sit inside..."

Rosetta saw teenage girl standing in the garden who was looking at them curiously. She sighed and sat inside the car.

Skyler sat inside too and started driving the car. Their whole ride was filled with awkward silence.

Rosetta decide to avoid him and looked out of the tinted window. She saw her reflection first and then noticed mark on her neck. She frowned and opened the front camera of her mobile to look at it closely. She has little red mark on her neck which looked like mosquito bite, thinking it's a mosquito bite she looked out of the window and Skyler loosened his tight grip on the steering wheel and sighed in relief.

He stopped the car in front of the main gate of her house. Without saying any word she stepped out of the car and closed the door.

Skyler saw her walking away and punched the steering wheel while cursing.
"Fuck..."
He grabbed his hair frustratingly.

He couldn't believe that he really did that to her last night.