14.2

Mina's POV:

Chaeyoung is opening the package she just receive, she frowns as she ripped off some tape. Is she nervous? Her confused look shifted to a smiling face as she saw what's inside. She is lovely, her dimple is now showing which makes her more attractive. I suddenly felt my heart pound. What? Again? Is my heart abnormal? Why does it have to beat fast whenever I see her dimple?

Seeing how happy she is right now makes me realize something. I am often the one to receive from her but I  haven't given her anything. I wonder if I could make her as happy as she is right now. I wonder who gives her that kind of smile on her face, who gives her that package that could make Chaeyoung happy. How I wish it's me, but it's never the case.

I frown at these sudden thoughts. With the thought that there is someone who could make her happy but that someone is not me. I put on my earphones and played a song and decided to focus on the screen to shake off my thoughts.

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you

I saw Chaeyoung stand up and go towards me but I just ignored it and fixated my eyes on the screen. I pretended I did not notice her when she called me. So she taps me on my shoulder. I look at her as I remove my earphones. I don't know what expression I'm giving her but one thing I know is that the thought that someone else makes her smile bothers me. And I don't like it, I want to be the only one to put a smile on her face and not anyone else.

She puts her hand on my forehead. And here goes my heart beating so fast again. I look at her eyes, they seemed to be worried, the only look that I give her. I always give her a reason to worry but not a reason to smile and I hate my self because of that. I am becoming her burden.

"Are you ok?" She asks. I don't know what to say so I tried to smile and nodded at her.
"Hm... Do you---"

Before she could finish her sentence someone knocked. She went to open it and a tall girl appeared. She looks familiar. I tried hard to remember her. Right. She was the one who arrived at the bar before we go home.

"Hi, Cub."

Cub? Does Chaeyoung look like an animal? Tss. I look at the girl who is smiling so widely. She's pretty.  Chaeyoung signalled the girl to come in. I put on my earphones again but I lowered the volume so I could still hear their conversation.

"Since when did you come back?" Chaeyoung asked

"Monday morning." Silence fills the air making the atmosphere awkward. "Did you like my package?" Chaeyoung smile at her and nodded.

So it was her who gave the package. Seeing how Chaeyoung smiled at the girl gives me a sting in my heart. Weird. Why does it hurt this bad seeing Chaeyoung's smile to that girl? The more I look at the girl, the prettier she looks and it annoys me.

"Thanks, Tzu. You still remember my favourite."

She smiles at Chaeyoung widely. That smiles makes me uncomfortable. It irritates me.

Please don't be in love
With someone else
Please don't have somebody
Waiting on you
Please don't be in love (Ooh)
With someone else
Please don't have somebody (Ooh, hey)
Waiting on you

The more I look at them, the more I cannot breathe. Looking at how good they look together, makes me feel... Jealous? I want her attention. I want Chaeyoung to look at me right now. I want to know everything about her and give her favorites as well. That should be me.

"Of course, I wouldn't forget anything about you, cub. Hm... Chae? C-can we talk... I mean like..."

There's this urge inside me to burst. I can not stand seeing them together so I stood up and went outside.