Birthday Blues

Word count: 2,652

A/N: There will be a trigger warning regarding rape at some point in this chapter. I will mark where it starts and ends. ⚠️

Y/N's POV

A month had gone by since Dio came to live with us. The relationship between him and Jojo was still nonexistent. Dio still got a kick out of seeing Jojo miserable and Jojo still resented him for it.

The same week of Dio's arrival, the two had a boxing match around all the other lads. I wasn't present, I was home helping Mother and the other women prepare dinner, but Jojo came home bloody and beaten. He didn't even let me see him afterwards. Dio came home shortly after without a scratch on him. It was then that I had figured out what had happened. I knew Jojo was going out to box with the lads.

Dio beat him, right? That's the only reason why he'd be upset. Poor Jojo, he must be in a lot of pain. If only he'd let me see him. It's not like I intend to make him feel worse. I thought to myself.
✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆

Over the following weeks, Jojo had been acting cold and distant. Every day I was seeing him less and less. I tried many times to spend time with him, but he'd blown me off every time. He'd say that he was busy and shut his room door on me or leave the manor. Sometimes Danny would follow me to my room and lie with me in bed. We hadn't even discussed the kiss since it happened, which is something I really wanted to talk about with him.
✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆
DIO's POV

I've always intended to break up their friendship and take Y/N for myself, but it seemed Jojo was doing a fine job at ruining it on his own. He was pushing away his only real friend. I could tell it's starting to get to her. She won't be able to hold in her feelings for much longer.

Jojo, you're the only imbecile I know who could be so moronic. Soon, I'll be her shoulder to cry on and she'll forget everything she ever felt for you.
✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆✰⋆
Y/N's POV

Today is March 28th. It's a perfect spring day. It was even more perfect because today, is my 11th birthday!

Mother wished me a happy birthday this morning and surprised me with a pretty scarf she knitted herself.

All the caregivers in the house surprised me with homemade sponge cake. I thanked them and gave them all the biggest hugs. Master Joestar gifted me a pair of gorgeous emerald/diamond earrings. He knew emeralds were my favorite stone.

I heard Jojo enter the mansion and immediately felt excited. I just really missed my friend.. I ran halfway across the stairs to meet him.

Maybe he'll finally spend some time with me today! He has to, right? On this day of all days.

"Jojo, I'm so glad you're here!" I smiled

"I won't be here for long, I just came back for a change." he said, running passed me and into his room.

I waited for him to get out of his room to talk to him.

What does he mean he won't be here for long? He just came back to change and leave again?

Jojo finally opened his door, but before I could say anything he was already dashing down the stairs again. He was wearing his same attire from earlier.

Whatever he changed into, he must be wearing it under his clothes.

Before he could run out the door I was able to stop him.