01- The Cullens

Before Bella came to town- September

My name is Liana Swan, daughter of Charlie Swan. I am 17 years old and I have a half sister called Bella. I live with my Dad in Forks Washington.

Forks is so small that everyone knows everyone, most people know my Dad as he is in the police force, but it's crazy how much everyone talks about Bella considering she doesn't even live with us anymore.

I haven't seen Bella since we were both little. I don't know that much about her anymore. I used to know exactly what she would order at the diner we used to go to down town, I even used to know which type of sauce she would put on her burger, but now that feels like a distant memory. Instead I live in Forks and she's in Arizona.

My mornings start the same way everyday. I get up, get changed, eat breakfast and get in my best friend's car to drive to school and today is the same.

Late, I run down the stairs and I grab a piece of toast out of my Dads hand, just as he raises it to his lips to take a bite.

"Excuse me!" He shouts as I whizz past him

"Sorry, but I'm going to be late, you can always make more!"

"You're the one that woke up late Leah!" He calls after me as I chuckle and shut the door just as I hear a car horn.

Quickly, I run across the grass of my front lawn, making sure not to step on the flowers my Dad just planted as I race to get to Jess's car.

Just as I jump in, she takes off.

"I've not even got my seatbelt on yet!" I complain as she just sighs.

"I was afraid that you were going to be late again, L" She says as I try to catch my breath

"I'm.... On time though.... Right?" I ask as I pant

"Barely" She says as she laughs, her eyes on the road "I thought that you were going to flake on me on one of the most exciting days of this year" She says

"And why would I do that... Wait it's a Monday... remind me again how that is exciting?" I ask and she sighs at me not knowing

"There is a group of new people joining the school today!" She informs me

"And?"

"And they are said to be hot!" And there it is.

Whenever I have a conversation with Jess, she always seems to get some drama into it. But that's my best friend for you, the schools biggest gossip.

"I don't get how that is exciting" I say as we pull up in the schools parking lot

"We don't get new people in Forks, you should know that, Leah" She says

"But I don't get what's so special about these people" I say again as we walk into the school building.

She sighs, dreamily as we pass the office and I look up to see a group of pale skinned individuals walking out the small room.

"That's what's special about them... They look like Gods" Jessica finishes and I roll my eyes.

I take back what I said, this Monday might not be like any regular Monday.

__________
Hiya guys, Author here! Thank you for chosing to read my book and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! More longer chapters will be coming soon. Enjoy :)

Remember to vote, comment and add to your reading lists! 💕

Just a quick reminder that I wrote this book years ago. I am trying to rewrite it at the moment. I would appreciate no harsh comments if you do not like the book, please remember that my past self was proud of this book. Thank you