An Urgent Meeting

The faint dawn light lit up the old and beaten up house that next morning, the birds singing their beautiful song outside an open window, beside the nightstand and bed of Wilson Campbell. His brown curly hair covered his eye, shielding him somewhat from the growing light shinning through the window. Unfortunately, it did not prove useful, as he hesitantly opened an eye, his blue orbs catching faintly of the light from his locks covering them. He moved his hair aside, glancing at his bedside clock, it read 7:23.

He sighed to himself, and sat himself upright and wiped the sleep from his eyes. A small crow flew into his bedroom, landing on a perch across from his bed, made seemingly for it. It let out a little squawk at him, perhaps saying "Good morning" to him. He looked up at it and smiled.

"Beatrix, it's good to see you on a day like this." He said, getting up from his bed and walking to the small bird. Beatrix hopped down from her perch, taking a seat on Wilson's shoulder. He gave her a small pet on her head. Beatrix in a second transformed into a small black rabbit, still sitting upon his shoulder. He picked her up and put her on the floor, as he had to get himself ready.

He threw on his white dress shirt and black dress pants, putting on his dark red tie in a somewhat rushed fashion. Slipping on his black boots, he finally emerged from his room.

Beatrix was already in the kitchen, it was her turn to cook breakfast today. She had turned from a small black rabbit into the faint appearance of a human woman, her entire body of nothing but a black moving liquid state, her eyes glowing a faint purple.

"Wilson dear, what has you so rushed this morning?" She asked, flipping the pancakes she was currently making. He took a seat at the nearby kitchen table, his eyes appreciating the fine mahogany wood it was made from, he had made it himself.

"Don't you feel it Beatrix? The air has a ring to it, and the clouds are darker than they have ever been. I've seen the fog by the river, it's time." Beatrix stopped and turned off the stove, leaving the pan as she turned to face him.

"It can't be.. It hasn't been that long yet.." She looked shocked at the statement, her eyes glowing a slightly brighter faint purple, as she brought a hand to her mouth.

"I know, but nevertheless He has broken free again. I don't know how He's managed to this quickly through.." Wilson rubbed his temple tiredly, his eyes more focused on the table than her at this point as his mind tried to come up with a reason as to how this all happened.

Beatrix was about to speak again when the telephone began to ring, the loud sound bringing them both from their thoughts. "I'll get that." Wilson stated, hurriedly getting up from his chair and towards the nearby phone. Picking it up, he heard labored breathing. "Hello?"

"Is.. Is this Dr. Campbell?" A man with a heavy New York accent spoke, his breathing becoming more labored, like he had ran a marathon.

"Yes, this is him. Who are-" He was suddenly cut off.

"There's no time for that! Dr. I need your help immediately. I can't speek here, they're listening in as we speak. Meet me behind the old arcade, the one on the outskirts of Westfield, we'll speak then." The phone suddenly hung up, the man in a hurry and spoke very fast.

Wilson put the phone back on it's cradle and turned to see Beatrix leaning against the doorframe, her arms crossed and her eyes holding intrigue and concern in them, a lot for two literal orbs of lights. "Who was it?"

"Never got their name, but they said they needed my help and to meet them on the outskirts of town. Guess I was right afterall." Beatrix moved towards him, putting a hand on his shoulder. She was at least half a foot taller than him, him being 6'2 to begin with. The height difference was always a bit amusing to him.

"Please be careful dear, I don't want to have to come find you like I did last time. You were almost dead then.. I terrified me." Her voice was soft, as she pulled him into a hug, his arms wrapping around her upper waist tightly.

"I promise sweetie, I know how much you hated seeing me like that, hell it scared me too. I'll be back by tonight, okay? I knwo tonight's my turn to cook though-" He was cut off.

"Don't worry about it dear, I'll take care of that. You jsut go find out what that guy wants and be safe, that's all I want." Beatrix planted a kiss on his temple, giving him a caring smile before finally parting away from him.

Wilson hurriedly went to grab his suitcase and his staff, which appeared to look like an ordinary cane from a distance. He stood by the door, slipping on his black leather jacket and taking a final look towards Beatrix, who was one again leaning against the doorframe. He sighed, grabbed his cane and suitcase, and left.