Chapter 31

Felix's POV

"Why does she just let him hit her?" Gabby asked as she cuddled up on my chest.

I was sitting in the drivers seat of my car and we were parked on the side of a side road. Well, okay, we ran out of gas. I would've gotten out and walked to the gas station but Gabby didn't want me to leave her alone and it was raining. Getting sick was the last thing either of us needed.

"Cassandra knows he doesn't mean it. It only happens when he's drunk and they fight, which isn't very often. Avery hates it. He knows you're supposed to protect the woman you love, not hurt them. He's told me a thousand times that he hated himself for it. He's so afraid about the kids," I told her. I stroked her hair and pushed her hair behind her ear. "I love you, Gabrielle," I murmured as I cupped her face kissing her lips.

"I love you, too, Felix," she breathed against my lips. Her hands trailed up my arms and to my shoulders, pulling lightly at the fabric of my t-shirt.

I laid the seat back and pulled her legs to where she was straddling me. I pulled her lips back to mine and ran my hands up under her shirt, trailing my fingers around the cup of her bra.

"Fe, don't tease," she said and bit my lip lightly.

I pulled off her shirt as she pulled off mine, some how we were both successful. She sat up and pulled her bra off. I pulled her back to me, kissing her lips and sliding my tongue into her mouth.

I moved against her and she ground her hips into mine. I put my hands on her hips and she threw her head back.

She brought her head down and looked back at the window. She screamed and covered her body with her hands as she stared out the window with wide eyes.

I sat up and looked where she was looking and saw a guy with a huge smile spread across his face. He looked familiar. "Oh my god, it's Benjamin," I breathed.

I picked Gabby up and sat her in the passengers seat as I got out of the car. "What the hell are you doing here? Why the hell are you here?" I yelled.

He put his fingers together, "That was a nice sight, Felix," he told me.

"You mother fucker! Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Good bye, Felix. I'll see you around," he smirked at me before turning around and walking away.

I walked backwards and got in the car again. I pulled Gabby into my arms and hugged her tightly. She'd put on my t-shirt and her panties and I slid my pants on.

"It's okay, Gabby," I murmured, stroking her hair.

"He was watching us, Felix. Who knows how long he could've been watching us? Why was he watching us?" she whispered. She shivered and squeezed her eyes shut, shaking her head to rid herself of the thoughts that filled her head.

"He won't again," I told her.

"I want to go home," she whispered.

"I know, sweetheart, I know. We will in the morning. For now, let's just go to sleep," I told her.

I laid down and she curled up into my side. "Will you sing to me?" she whispered.

I thought for a second then took a deep breath, "Everyone's around, no words are coming out. And I can't find my breath, can we just say the rest with no sound? And I know this isn't enough, I still don't measure up. And I'm not prepared, sorry it's never there when you need it. And now I do want you know I hold you up above everyone. And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me And I'd be so good to you. I would," I sang.

"I thought I saw a sign, somewhere between the lines. Maybe it's me, maybe I only see, what I want. But I still have your letter, just got caught between someone I just invented, and who I really am and who I've become," she sang.

"And now I do want you know I hold you up above everyone. And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me. And I'd be so good to you. Woahh woahh woahh. You bring me higher. Yeah. I would. And now I do want you know I hold you up above everyone. And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me And I'd be so good to you. I'd be good to you, I'd be good to you, I'd be so good to you..." I held the note as she sang with me.

"That was amazing, love," I told her.

She yawned, "Thanks, babe," she said as she fell asleep.?