14. Trust

Ray's POV
Stephen Covey once said "Trust is the glue of life, it's the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It is the foundational principle that holds all relationships"
I trust Azra Falls with all my life and my darkest secrets, she has been a solid foundation, leaving her without any reasonable explanation was one of the things that haunted me, back at the camp I was hopeful that she would hold on and wait for me to get back only to be slapped in the face by my mum. Why would she not wish me well. I will need to talk to her about this later. Talking to Ra early this morning lifted off the burden that has been weighing heavily on my chest. Knowing that she's forgiven me and has willing to be us again made my day more colourful. I know she said we could be friends again but to me that's just the foundation to Raymond and Azra once more. Even if she's moved on am ready to fight and try to win her back. She is mine and only mine. Sorry but when it comes to Azra am selfish, she's the only person that understands me in and out. I am shuddered at the thought of living without her.
Curiosity is still eating me up though, what was she up-to in the past two years. Today was about me opening to her about my MIA and getting on good terms with her. I hope someday she will equally open up to me. I miss the inseparable person that we were by then, Azra has always completed me, call me pathetic or love sick but when you love someone the way I love Azra Falls you will understand fully. I text her goodnight with some less romantic emojis. To my excitement she replies instantly and I join Kevin in watching soccer as one happy man.
Azra's POV
"The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust and broken trust is the reason for blighted dreams" Elizabeth Gilbert.
I was happy when Leah told me her wonderful news. Am so happy with the both of them. Austin Mahone was one of the kids that lived in our neighborhood, he was about two years older than us. One day me and Leah were being bullied by some stubborn boys in the same neighborhood. Austin was the superman of the day and saved us from the goons. Ever since then Leah has had a crush on him which she confessed to him in high school. When Austin completed high school, he took over his father's real estate business. The rest is history now Leah and Austin are engaged, I couldn't be more happy for my friend. Her trust in Austin has opened up her dreams. She's on cloud nine at the moment.
Ray was open to me which am well aware set his heart at ease, on the other side am still holding up, I can't point out clearly what is stopping me despite all the assurance from my parents and besties. Talking of mum,  I need to update her news feed and gossip column with the news on the mysterious disappearance of Ray. I need to find a way to be able to freely talk to Ray and let him know of the existence of his loving, beautiful adorable daughter of his. I must admit most of her traits are from her father. Leah is reading for her tests on Monday, that's why she came back from her boyfriend's place sooner. Am turning and twisting uncomfortably in my bed as I concentrate on the movie in front of me but my thoughts are so far away. My phone lights up and I see a text from my baby daddy. I respond instantly hoping he would continue with the chat to which he doesn't, meeting my dissappointment. I know we're back to being friends again so he must be trying to not to rush, when you rush you crush of course. I don't wish to be friends just with us, I never want to see him flirting with Pen or any other girls or guys but I then why can't I seem to close this psychological distance between us. Trevis equally sends me a goodnight text and I thank him for making my day great. The calming place really did the magic.