Chapter seven

POSEIDON

I remember when the gods had just taken over and we were all excited about the concept of stable families and unlimited power. I remember when we sat on Olympus on our thrones for the first time without a worry about the threat of war. The rush of power I felt was like drinking water for the first time after being in the desert and then I met Amphitrrite and I couldn't think of anything except being with her could let me breathe. When we got married I felt my mind settle because I finally had an equal to share my problems with, someone to support me when I felt weak. I remember wanting children and holding Triton for the first time, I felt pure joy then.

As I stared at said son of min I couldn't help but wonder why I wanted children. Triton was behind my desk in my chair his two tails swishing leisurely and an infuriating smirk playing on his lips. 

"Triton did you need something?" I asked my voice level. Amphitrite was taking excessive measures as punishment for my anger outbursts. 

"No, not really," the smirk on his face turned devilish then quickly into a lopsided smile. Trouble. This whole situation spelt trouble in all capitals.

"Okay then can you please get-" 

"I don't need anything from you at the moment but I do have something you want," devilish smirk. Deep breath, just remember you wanted him, he is your son and you'll sleep on the couch if you kill him, deep breaths. "And what is it you have that I want Triton?" he wanted to play and I realized that what he has is important and if I wanted to find out what it is I'll have to play along.

"And what would that be Triton?" he sat up and reached under the desk and started pulling bottles. Familiar bottles, very familiar bottles. I had very conflicting emotions about their presence and his knowledge of them. He had four spreed on the table and one more that he played with in his hands.
" This on you haven't read before, it was sent yesterday if I'm not wrong," he said spinning it in his hands. Yesterday had been the beginning of summer.
I met Sally Jackson on Montoarch beach and although she was mortal, I hadn't felt love that fierce in my immortal life, maybe at the very beginning of my marriage but the fire of Sally was so bright and so hot I was scared of being bunt but at the same time ai wanted to feel it.
I tried but she was smart and kind and understanding and pretty and pretty women had always been a weakness of gods. As if she wasn't enoughz the fates showed me just how amazing she was by blessing us with a daughter, my first mortal daughter. Of course I had daughters Kym and Rhode came to mind but they grew up too fast I didn't have time to dote on the and ve overprotective they grew up before I could enjoy it.
So when Sally told me I had a daughter, I wasn't about to miss her whole life I promised to be there even if just in the sidelines I asked her to send me a letter ever summer beginning with what was going on and she agreed. Then three years later I got my first letter from Pearl in a messy handwriting and a picture of her and I felt like the happiest god on the planet but now as I stared at Triton I felt the safety I had built come crashing down. Sephie wasn't safe anymore and it was partly my fault for not protecting her.

"Relax father, I come with a proposal," he didn't look smug anymore. He looked like he was about to negotiate a land treaty and that scared me more than his smug smirk did, "Persephone Amphitrite Pearl Jackson happens to be your daughter and happens to be my sister and mother's step daughter, now if you play this right she'll have all the support sh need when the Olympians inevitably want to vote get dead for being the prophecy child. You tell mother and you let her meet the child and get her trained for her destiny- don't look at me like that, I met her she can charm anyone into loving her but I you keep her a secret it'll become an even bigger issue and I its any consolation I'll train her myself she has a lot of power that need to be shaped into something useful."
He left the very impressive speech, he didn't wait for an answer he just left when he was done.
:::::::::::::::::;
Hello my beautiful people, how are you hope you're good anyway he's the chapter hope you like it.

As usual, love
anglevil😈😇