1 - The News-

"Dae Chae Hyun!"

She spun around in a full circle, looking for the person calling for her.

Dae Chae Hyun. 16 years old.

A normal girl with strict parents. Not so normal after all. She walked over to the table where her friend had called her, taking a seat across from her friend, Felize. As she sat beside, her other friend, Kim gave Chae her small bag of chips but she refused to take them from Kim.

Chae opens her food container and pops a green grape in her mouth. Her friends began talking about things that interest them while Chae listened carefully. The three of them shared

weird and funny stories that only they could understand each other.

Chae, Kim, and Felize have been best friends since elementary school. They are so close with each other that they treat each other as sisters. They do everything together.

Laugh.

Cry.

Everything.

Chae holds Kim and Felize very close to her. No one can separate the three of them apart from each other as they will eventually find something to get together again. Chae finds it really hard to separate herself from her best friends because they support each other, pulling them up from negativity. Chae is the type of person who gets upset easily with personal things that affect her mood.

Kim patted the empty space in front of Chae, "Chae! John is coming up!"

She looked up and gave Kim and Felize a look but the two shook their heads. "Chae."

She ignored him, eating her fruits.

John. Her ex-boyfriend.

He's in the same class as Chae's Technology subject. "Chae, we need to talk."

"Just leave John," Kim glared. "She already moved on."

"Then why isn't she talking to me?" He glared back.

"Because She's not your friend," Felize snapped. "So walk away peacefully and we won't call Sam to come and kick your ass."

John scoffs, walking away.

Chae let out a sigh of relief, "Thanks, guys. I'll treat you to ice cream after school."

Both Kim and Felize cheered while Chae chuckled at their behavior. Her chuckle was suddenly cut short as she began to frown and her friends knew there was something wrong. Felize and Kim exchanged looks until they nodded, silently agreeing to something, "Are you alright?"

Chae looked up, nodding. "Yeah."

"You don't look or sound like it," Felize raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine, guys," Chae forced a smile.

"We've known each other for 5 years, we know when there is something bothering you." Kim sighed. "Come on, tell us. We'll listen."

"Thanks, guys," Chae began to tear up. She tried to tell them but she hesitated and a tear made its way down. Her friends looked at each other like they said something bad and panicked. Chae half chuckled and half sobbed because she can't believe she's made really close friends like them. She was really lucky to find these funny, supportive people in her life. She wiped her tears and began packing to go to her next class.

________

Chae gave out a sigh of frustration as she could not understand the lesson her teacher was explaining to them. Once the teacher told the class to answer the questions in the textbook, Chae purposely hit her head on her desk, groaning. "Why can't I understand anything?!" she thought. "I am a failure."