7 - Face Time -

Everyone is at the table eating the food Chae's stepmom made with the help of her two other older stepbrothers. She ate a lot since her stepmom cooked all her favorite food. she suddenly gets a text from someone.

John

John

Kim told me that you want to ft?

Chae

yeah

she told me you were looking for me

John

ok

I'll ft right now

Before she can reply her phone screen showed John was asking for face time. She stood up, cursing at him under her breath, "Where are you going, sis?" asked I.N.

"uhhh," she stammered. "A friend wants to face time me."

I.N. didn't believe her but still nodded.

________

Chae sat outside in the backyard near the pond and accepts the call. John's face appeared his brown hair in a man bun.  He looks tired and paler than usual. His grey eyes were red and puffy. Seeing him in this state almost made her heartbreak. "Hey..."

She nodded, coldly, "What do you want?"

"Just wondering why you moved?" he asked, his voice sounding soft that Chae used to love but hate now as it annoys her.

she stared at him with cold eyes and a poker face, disgusted, "Why do you care?"

John's face suddenly turned to a frown, "Look here, I'm asking gooddamn politely while you're here sounding like an -"

"Excuse you?!" She exclaimed, almost yelling. "You're the one here who played with my feelings thinking your love was real. Tell me, John was it fun playing with my feelings?! was it fun cheating on me?! was it f*cking fun breaking my heart and trust in you?!" she burst into tears by this time, "I loved you with all my heart, John. I Loved you more than myself, even. but the fact of cheating you on me and lying to me broke my heart into pieces."

"I-" He stammered. "I'm sorry. Really I am. please come back. I'll change."

She wiped her tears, poking her tongue on her cheek, anger boiling in her veins, "F*ck no. You know why?! You're after money because you know that my dad is wealthy. How did I find out? The girl you cheated with told me, bonus, she's my friend, so don't be confused why she's ignoring you because she loves me, John. Real LOVE!"

Suddenly Chae felt a hand on her shoulder and when she turned around she found her cousin with hurt written in his eyes, "Eun Woo- Oppa and Han... What-?"

Before Chae could finish her sentence Eun Woo snatch her phone from her and glared coldly at John, sending shivers down his spine. This was the first time she saw her cousin this mad, so she wasn't used to it.

"So you're the boy who broke my Chae's heart, huh?"

"Excuse me?!" John spat. "Who the hell are you retards?! I swear if -"

"I'm Chae's cousin," he growled and pointed to Han beside him, "This is her real boyfriend. Someone that actually loves her with real love, not some Hyunjin-wannabe who gave my baby cousin false love."

Chae was shocked at Eun Woo's remark about Han being her "boyfriend". She looks at Han to see if he was also bothered but was in fact not a single nervous action was visible from him but flustered from anger.

John was speechless at being called Hyunjin-wannabe and just hung up without saying goodbye. Eun Woo hung up and saw that Chae Hyun was sobbing on her knees. His facial features soften seeing his brokenhearted baby cousin. He went to her, giving her a tight hug that she freely excepted.

Seconds later Jeongin appeared, "I can hear Chae crying! Is she ok?!" He then gasps later at the sight of his sister crying. Han told him the story about her ex-boyfriend's face-timing her. He listens carefully, anger boiling in his blood, "I swear Hyung If I ever see that butthole imma yeet him so far google won't find his locations."

They suddenly hear giggles coming from Chae, "How can you make me laugh so hard by being savage, Oppa?" She wipes her wet eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie and stood up dusting her clothes, making her way back into the house. But before going back she gave her cousin and brother a hug which they enjoyed. Once she stops in front of Han and kissed his cheek, "Thank you guys for standing up for me."

She suddenly sees Han's cheeks flush the color of a tomato. She was about to ask if he was alright when Han spoke, "I'm fine."

Chae nodded, disappearing into the house.

"Your blushing face is making it obvious Han," Eun Woo chuckled. "Why aren't you still asking my cousin out?"

"Yeah, Hyung, "Jeongin claps. "You guys make a perfect couple!"

"I don't want her to rush things," He shakes his head. "She just broke up with her ex two weeks ago and I know it's hard to move on from someone you loved."

"This is why I want you to date Chae, " Eun Woo sighed. "But I don't if Beomgyu would agree as he's closest to Chae."