Chapter 2

The day was finally here. I was going to see Six today! I ran excitedly downstairs about to display my excitement to my parents only to remember they weren't here anymore. That's right, I thought to myself. You're alone now. Gotta remember that. I opened the cereal drawer and realized I only had one serving left. "Better save it for another day," I thought out-loud. I then grabbed some crackers to snack on and ran out to the bus stop.

Once I got to school, I ran over to the auditorium which was where we were all meeting up. We sat down and chatted while we waited for the bus to arrive. When it did, we all got on and chatted excitedly about the trip. We soon got there and Mr. Evans went over some general rules. "Make sure you guys stay silent during the musical, make sure you guys are kind to the actors, and blah blah blah." Yes, he literally said "Blah blah blah". That's the kind of teacher he is. We all laughed at that and piled into the theatre. About 20 minutes later the lights started to dim and the show began.

--@--

"SIX!" The queens yelled in their signature poses, one hand up and the other down. I clapped excitedly and as most people were leaving to go to their everyday activities, Mr. Evans announced that we would get to meet the queens. Even though I already knew this, I was still excited.

A few minutes later Mallory, Courtney, Nicole, and Kiersten came onto the stage. "Hello everyone!" Mallory waved. There was a chorus of hellos back and the alternates went on to introduce themselves. "I'm Mallory and I cover all the queens except Cleves." Mallory passed the mic over to Courtney and began introducing herself. "Hello I'm Courtney and I am alternate Boleyn, Howard, and Parr." She then passed the mic to Nicole who said, "I'm Nicole and I'm alternate Aragon, Boleyn, and Cleves." She passed the mic to Kiersten who said, "And I'm Kiersten and I play alternate Seymour, Cleves, and Parr." Mallory then took the mic back and excitedly announced, "We are so excited to be able to spend a few hours with you and answer any question you need to know." "To a point," Courtney interrupted. "Yes, I'm sorry but if your question was why is there sky blue I can answer that for you." We let out a small laugh and one of my classmates shouted out, "Aw, that's what I was going to ask." The alternates joined in with our laughter as Samantha Pauly and Brittany Mack came out. "Why is everyone laughing?" Samantha asked with a confused expression on her face before taking a seat next to Mallory.

The rest of the queens all came out and we were allowed to go up onto the stage to greet them. Being the shy human I am, I stayed towards the back of the group. As Henry walked past he kicked my leg, making me fall over. As his friends walked past, they brushed up against me before running away. I quickly got up and felt a pain above my left eye. I scraped against it to see if there was any blood and to my nonexistent luck, there was. Luckily there wasn't much there so I quickly wiped it away and thought, so much for wearing makeup today.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to see Mallory staring at me with a concerned look on her face. I nodded and quietly said, "Just tripped. Sorry." Mallory moved my hand away from my face and helped me up before saying, "Let's go and get a bandaid for you. You're bleeding a little bit there." I nodded, praying she wouldn't see any other marks on my face. She led me up to what seemed to be her dressing room and grabbed a wet paper towel to begin wiping the blood away. Afterwards she put a bandaid on and asked, "Did those boys give you the other scratches?" "Um, yeah," I replied. "Although how exactly did you know that?" "She just knows everything I guess," I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Samantha standing in the doorway. "Sorry to startle you," she laughed, coming into the room. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Well, I also needed to get my water bottle but that doesn't sound as good as saying I wanted to check up on you." "I'm better, thanks." I replied meekly. "So do you want me to call your parents and let them know what's happened?" Mallory asked. I started to panic, not knowing whether to trust them or not with this. "It's okay. We don't have to," Sam added, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Is there anything going on at the moment?" Mallory questioned, concerned by my response. "It's complicated," I decided to reply. I hoped she wouldn't want to know more and to my luck, she actually didn't.

We decided to go back down and on the way, before I could stop myself, I blurted out, "Actually, about earlier, I have something to tell you." They both looked at me questionably and I instantly regretted what I said. "Actually, never mind." They both gave me strange looks but we still continued down the many stairs.

Eventually we got back while Mr. Evans was telling us parents would arrive soon. I started to panic again once I realized that and slowly walked up to my teacher. "Can I just walk home? My parents are busy right now and can't pick me up," I lied. "I'm sorry but I need a guardian to come and bring you home. You can stay here with me while we wait if you'd like," Mr. Evans suggested. I nodded as I had no other choice and texted my friend if I could go home with her. Unfortunately she was busy and couldn't pick me up so I was stuck here. After about half an hour, Sam and Brittany came over and asked, "Do you have anyone coming to pick you up?" I shook my head no and said, "I don't exactly have anyone anymore." Sam looked confused but Brittany asked, "I don't mean to sound rude but do you have any guardian?" I shook my head truthfully and Sam gave me a small hug. "How about you stay with us tonight? I bet we could arrange that with your teacher." I opened my eyes wide in shock. Me staying with Broadway stars!? No way. "If you're okay with that. I don't want to be a bother at all," I decided to answer. In truth I was kind of hoping they would say yes. We went over to Mr. Evans and Brittany told him what she told me and he actually said yes. Sam led the way to the dressing room and ordered some food for us. Andrea entered the dressing room and led me out. "These people are boring," She complained. I let out a small chuckle and it was at that moment that I knew this was the place for me.

1199 words