ʚpearl necklaceɞ

the bell to the bookstore rang as devon pulled the door handle open. he held the door long enough for jake to step inside the bookstore and devon closed the door after he let himself in aswell.

as they had entered the old, dusty book shop, they scanned for another book for the week.

jake and devon did this thing where devon would buy a "boring" book, annotate it, and give it to jake to read after, just so jake could hear devons thoughts.

they were just going into the bookstore for devon to get his weekly "boring" book. they searched the store for a book worthy enough for them to take home, until they finally landed on "pride and prejudice".

they had small conversations while they searched, until they finally decided to check out and go back to jakes (uncles) house, they arrived in about 10 minutes as they were walking.

≿━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━≾

the boys walked inside the house quickly and silently. they closed the door after themselves, and went up to jakes room and closed the door.

"do you want to see-" jake started, but was suddenly interrupted by devon slamming him against the door and shoving their lips together. he kissed back.

the kiss lasted a couple seconds before they started moving their lips together, this lasted awhile.

they continued that- whatever that was, for awhile when jake decided to graze his tongue over devons bottom lip. which ultimately meant he was asking for permission . devon gasped, without breaking the kiss. which gave jake his answer.

devon eventually broke the kiss. his lips were swollen and glossy as he asked jake, "do i want to see what?"

"-my pearl necklace?", jake continued.

devon got immediate butterflies as he had been playing the "putting a necklace on jake" scenario over in his head to fall asleep. "yes." devon answered and looked up at jake.

jake walked across the room. to his desk, grabbed a dark purple box, and opened it. inside, was none other, than the pearl necklace.

jake grabbed the necklace out and held it as he walked back over to devon. he faced his back to devon and put the front beads upto the front of his neck, waiting for devon to take the back.

devon got the hint immediately and carefully held the back of the necklace. jake took this as a signal to hold the bottom of his curly hair up, so devon could clip the necklace on him.

devon carefully clipped the back of the necklace together, but didnt let go. instead he pressed a soft and gentle kiss to the back of jakes neck.

he kissed from the back of his neck all the way around to the side of jakes jawline.

jake got lots of butterflies from this.

≿━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━≾

devon annotates his new copy of "pride and prejudice" while cuddling with jake, they decided to have a sleepover since it was already late.

the next morning, jake wakes devon up by jumping on top of him, which backfires as it results in them cuddling.

once the boys finally get up, they head downstairs and into the kitchen. "what do you want for breakfast?" jake asked devon, while searching for food in their big kitchen.

once the boys made it to school, they headed into science as it was their first class. the teacher walked them though their notes package.

their teacher eventually let them work on their own, or with a partner. which obviously meant jake and devon were going to partner up.

jake turned his head around to look at devon, just to make sure they were on the same page about being partners.

once he turned his head to check, devon was already staring at him. once devon noticed jake staring back, a small smirk grew on his face.

devon grabbed his worksheet, and started walking towards jakes desk.

"glad to see we were on the same page about that." devon said and jake scoffed.

"yeah, yeah. whatever." jake said jokingly as his boyfriend sat down in the chair beside him.

≿━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━≾

once they got their work done, there was about 20 minutes left in class. jake brought out his book (which devon annotated), and started reading it. for some reason, jake was really exited to read pride and prejudice, for some unknown reason.

jake always hated reading, which is why he was so confused at his sudden excitement to read the old boring book.

maybe it was because devon notes were getting more personalized, and perfect for jake.

they went from being just simple definitions, to being cute messages exactly on things devon knew jake would be confused on.

devon knew his boyfriend would only read, if he annotated the book before. he also knew that jake didnt understand alot of cliché things that happened in books.

so he thought if he explained the thought process behind it, it would help his boyfriend read more.

≿━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━≾

a couple days had passed, and jake was almost finished his chapter. all his friends were talking around him.

they were having their weekly movie night at junior and jakes house, but nobody really seemed to pay attention to the movies anymore.

instead they would just talk, for hours and hours on end. and once the movies were over, they would make up and excuse to rewind it.

devon noticed jake wasnt saying anything, so he looked over at him. the first thing he noticed, jake was reading.

the second thing, jakes necklace .

the pearl necklace.

devon quickly got up and sat near jake, he leaned over and whispered, just enough for jake to hear, and said "do you need help taking it off too?".

jake face got immediately red and he tried to hide it with his book.

devon looked over and giggled, obviously joking at what he said before. him and jake sat close for the rest of their night.