Origins unveiled

Yin yang mage was born-

The picturesque Cadia Riverlands has been a paradise for the Xiuzhen Practitioners, who have dedicated their lives to self-assigned penance in pursuit of self-perfection and enlightenment. Although the majority practice their disciplines on a casual basis, there are some who have developed superhuman powers.

In Xiuzhen cosmology, all changes in the universe were signified by the celestial objects and by studying their movements and relative positions, one could predict the trend of times.

As their ancient proverb goes, Yin-yang and the Five Elements were in unity. Yin-yang Geomancy was a highly changeable and volatile school of magic. Because Yin and Yang, the seemingly contrary forces, may actually be complementary, interconnected and interdependent depending on the circumstances.

It is said that the Yin-yang Geomancers have the unique power to manipulate this binary system the contradictory yet interconnected forces of nature inside everything. In their heyday, the numerous Yin-yang Geomancers followed the Great Dragon and settled in Cadia Riverlands. However, due to their advocacy of the former Black Dragon's warmongering ideology, they were exiled by the Great Dragon eventually. That marked the beginning of the Yin-yan Geomancer's decline.

They gradually gave up their traditions in the many years of exile and their descendants scattered. They even had to hide their identities to make a living along the border of Cadia Riverlands. Their former glory, ideology, and traditions that had been passed down for generations had faded away as if forgotten. However, there was one of them, Zhang Luo Yi, still clinging to the hope that one day a rightful ruler would seize the throne of Cadia Riverlands, by whom she would be summoned to her people's origin to restore the glory of Yin-yang Geomancy.

As the last of her kind, Luo Yi was a prodigy in various arts, such as music, chess, calligraphy, painting, and poetry. But she always kept a distance from others for her unsocial personality. In the eyes of the others, she was cold, condescending and unapproachable. But deep inside she also wished to be able to open her heart like the others.

Since the Reverse Scale of the previous was sealed, she had been trying to break the seal in the Forbidden Zone with her own strength. To Luo Yi, this was an almost impossible quest, because she was still not strong enough to maintain the two poles of Yin and Yang steadily for long. The unbreakable barrier seemed too much beyond her capabilities that her attempts to unseal the Reverse Scale often left her helpless and covered in wounds. But Luo Yi was more stubborn and unrelenting than anyone else.

The most important objective in her life is to fully comprehend the,

"Dualism of Yin and Yang".

Like,

The light and the shadow, Yin and Yang, can't adversity and opportunity be, in certain circumstances, interchangeable?

An unusual shift of the stars had signified something that raised her hopes again.

Following the guidance of the starts, she ran to the border of Cadia Riverlands and found the wandering Black Dragon, who looked like he had just been through a battle. Regal and strong as he looked, she was still not sure whether this man was the "New Hope" she had been searching.

She decided to test his making by trying to assassinate him. Black Dragon's alertness helped him sense her proximity immediately. The confrontation burst into a flurry of clashing metal and dancing sparks in the darkness. Rather than testing Black Dragon, Luo Yi was more like admiring his extraordinary talent and power - the agile movements he made, the very forcefulness in his punches.

Every detail was said about this man's exceptional aptitude. But, before long, she spotted his flaw and landed a heavy blow on him with her Yin-yang technique. Chanting the incantation, she trapped him inside a geomantic barrier. However, what she did not expect was that Black Dragon, not being intimidated by her spell, forced his way through the circle and grappled her neck single-handedly. He moved closer and murmured her identity into her ears - he had already recognized her being one of the Yin-yang Geomancers that had long disappeared in Cadia Riverlands. She broke out of his grip and jumped to high ground, looking down at this man who was also gazing at her. At that moment, she was convinced that this man was the one.

Maybe fate had its own arrangements but the tough ones needed to keep going to reach their destiny. Before vanishing in shadows, Luo Yi told Black Dragon that his potential lied way beyond that and only be becoming stronger could he change the world. He asked when he could see her again and she said,

"I'll wait for you in the Forbidden Zone!"

That simple answer turned out to be a promise of a lifetime. Later, Black Dragon rediscovered the memories of his previous reincarnations in the Forbidden Zone.

He finally knew that his fate was and had been inseparable from that of Cadia Riverlands. He was the key to its rebirth. With questions in mind, he returned to the Dragons Altar to seek the truth. By the time Black Dragon has knocked off the cliff, Luo Yi had known that he was just like her, dispossessed of everything. But she would continue fulfilling her people's duty to assist Black Dragon in his master plan.

Since then, she had been the woman behind Black Dragon, hiding in the shadows, with few people noticing her presence. She saw Black Dragon had been fighting alone and sacrificed too much for this land. Its people were unaware of his efforts to pacify war before it even started against enemies such as the Southern Abyss and other factions that attempted to invade Cadia Riverlands. When Black Dragon left the land of Ba and Shu, he found Luo Yi and asked her to join his cause:
Fighting for Cadia Riverlands and his ambition.

"Luo Yi, I need your strength," -he said.

And they had never been separated since then.. Meanwhile, the Reverse Scale in the Forbidden Zone is calling them..

-part 1