Chapter 15: Picture in a frame

Percy and I watched a movie at his place. However, we did have an argument because he wanted to watch Moana.

We ended up watching the movie 'Troy' (since I won the argument) because it was about the Trojan war, and since he wasn't listening to me talk about it, he could watch it.

When it ended, it was around 11pm so Percy decided to take a shower. Personally, I think he was scared I would make him watch another Trojan war movie.

I might've.

So while the diva took his almost half  hour long shower, I went to the living room, where Sally was going through boxes of her old things.

She handed me a change of clothes and insisted I stay the night because it was too late
for me to go home. She didn't listen to any arguments.

So I called Helen and told her what's up, and Sally told me to take a shower in her room.

It took me 10 minutes to shower and when I came out, Percy was still bathing so I decided to help Sally out with whatever she was doing.

"Annabeth! Look at what I found," she smiled widely as I entered, tying my slightly damp hair up into ponytail.  She had two cups of hot chocolate on the table, still hot and steaming. She took a sip from hers as she beckoned me closer.

Sally handed me the framed photo. It was of me and Percy, carving pumpkins one Halloween, many years ago.

"He was so awed by you Annabeth," she chuckled, taking the picture out of my hand, "All he would talk about was what you did the whole day

"He was so awed by you Annabeth," she chuckled, taking the picture out of my hand, "All he would talk about was what you did the whole day. It's still quite the same."

My face heated and I was thankful for the excuse of the warm hot chocolate. Speak of the devil, and he appears.

Percy came downstairs....nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, skin and hair still damp from the shower. This time, I couldn't blame the hot chocolate as I turned away quickly, trying not to look. I missed it during swim team, but I certainly didn't miss it now. Percy had a body good enough to send most girl's swooning.

He may not have noticed at the party, but there was indeed a gaggle of people staring at him. And then he kissed Rachel Dare.

I know it's none of my business what he does In his free time or even who he does, but it still bothered me for some reason.

''Where are all my pj's mom? The entire drawer is empty. And it's also green?"he asked.

"Oh! Tyson spilt green paint inside of it. He wanted to do some prank and it backfired. They're all in the laundry room, lemme go get them," she said, propping herself up on the table and waddling out to the laundry room.

"You look comfy," Percy stated, looking at me chilling in Sally's clothes, "that's my old shirt by the way."

I drank every last drop of the piping hot chocolate, practically scorching my throat to avoid looking at him. I was only human after all.

"You mad at me again?" he asked, tapping my shoulder.

"Go put on some clothes," I said, glancing at him.

He smirked, running a hand through his hair, "Why? Am I distracting you?"he teased, moving to stand In front of me.

"Fuc-" luckily, Sally chose this moment to enter the room, tossing Percy a pair of clothes.
I closed my eyes as he hid behind a wall, changing in the living room.

"I was jusy showing Annabeth this picture," Sally said, showing Percy the picture too.

He grinned, "Wasn't that the year Mrs Athena started tutoring you in architecture?" he asked me.

I'd almost forgotten about that!

"Yes! It was."

Mother used to go out of town on work a lot, and Malcom and I would stay home alone together.

But sometimes, If I was lucky, mom would take us both with her and show us how she did work. And when I begged and begged her, she started teaching me how to do basic blueprints.

Sally quietly put the picture on the mantle as silence fell upon us. We spent a while going through baby photos of Tyson and Percy. And some from Sally's collage days

There was also pictures of Sally's ex husband. And without another word, she threw most of them in the fireplace, effectively burning them.

I helped her cut him out of the remaining family pictures of her and Percy, and Percy gleefully helped her burn those.

Nobody said a word as we did it.

"When's Paul coming back?" Percy asked, breaking the hour of silence that we worked in.

"Oh he's here. He's alseep in Tyson's room, he had a very tiring day," she replied.

Looking at the clock, Sally gasped. It was nearing 1am.

"Okay Annabeth,Where are you sleeping?" she asked, "Your room is being painted right now, so it's all tarped up darling. Percy can sleep on the couch tonight, take his bed."

My room. The words hit me like a ton of bricks. The house had four rooms, one master bedroom, Percy's room, Tysons room and the guest room.

Whenever....Sally's ex husband....Gabe Ubliano...was out of town gambling or drunk passed out on the street somewhere, I would come over and stay.

Percy was scared of the dark...so I would tell him a bedtime story and I would go sleep in the guest room. Sally, bless her heart was so tired from working all day she would pass out in her room.

The next morning, we would make breakfast together while Percy was still in bed. And I would leave through the back door, leaving no sign that I was ever there.

They weren't allowed to have guests because of this bastard. I hated him. No, despised him.

"No no it's alright Sally, I'll take the couch," I countered. The couch was large enough to fit me.

"No no! Take the bed ,darling," she replied, stifling a yawn.

I let out a loose laugh, "We'll figure it out Sally. How about you go to bed?"

Percy nodded behind me, "yeah"

After some more convincing, Sally went to bed and we decided I would take the couch and Percy can stay in his room.

Good night. Thank Gods.

————————————————————————-

Posted a chapter!!! Yaaay!!! And I'm sick and dying ✌🏻

Stay tuned!!
—S