Prologue

Not very far from Ottawa, there's a town called Mayport. It has become relatively famous thanks to talented sportsmen like Stanley Cup champions James Walker and Matthew Reid and Olympic soccer player Marc-Antoine LaChaîne. At the heart of the town lies the Memorial Centre, home of the Mayport Storm Furies. The Storm Furies is part of the Canadian Small-Town Junior Hockey League, or for short CSTJHL. Their skilled players and good coaches have earned them quite a lot of attention from bigger leagues like the NHL.

Let's into the lives of three of the town's most prestigious athletes!

 James Walker lives on number 14 Juniper Avenue together with his wife, Mari, and their four children. Their sixteen-year-old daughter, Lauren, gets private lessons from figure skating professionals. She will most likely compete in the next winter Olympics. Callum and Nolan, ages fifteen and ten, aspires to tread their father's path. Olivia, eight, does everything she can to be just like her sister. James himself coaches the Storm Furies together with former teammate and life-long best friend, Matthew. Mari is a retired figure skater who spends most of her time at home, making schedules, lunchboxes, skating costumes, diets and workouts for the kids.

 Matthew Reid, his wife Hannah and their two sons Cameron and Cole lives on number 10 North Row. Cameron, thirteen, is a top NHL child prodigy and has been for the last three years. Cole is also making his way into the limelight. Matthew coaches the Storm Furies with his best friend, James. Having your dad as your coach is, according to Cole, the worst thing ever. Hannah is a model, meaning she travels a lot. Hannah's busy schedule has resulted in Matthew spending most of his free time taking care of the boys.

 Marc-Antoine and Claire LaChaîne lives on number 3 North Row with their five children and their Golden Retriever, Riviera. Gabriel and Philippe, ages - and -, are both captains of their respective soccer teams. Stella, -, top student, team captain and leading goal scorer. Simone, -, is a copy of her older sister. And then there's Alison, age eight. She's always been the odd one out in the family. When the rest of the family would get together to watch soccer games, she wanted to go with her friends to the ice rink.

 These three families are the most famous in the small town of Mayport. There are, of course, other famous people from the town but no one as famous as these three.

 The mystery of number five is also something that has the town's name appearing a little here and there. It's a cold case that took place in Mayport thirty years ago. A player on the Storm Furies, number five to be specific, disappeared in the middle of the season. Just completely disappeared. He never said anything to anyone and just, as the police department claimed, ran away. His family and friends were sure he'd never do something like that, especially in the middle of the hockey season. After two years of investigation, the police decided to let the case go cold. Thirty years later and not a single person have any idea of what could've happened to the boy.