[7]- COLD RE-UNION [II]

Welcome to COLD RE-UNION II, a continuation(sequel) of the previous chapter. Thank y'all for all the love and support once again.

°°°

I'm much more "me" when I'm with you

Chapter 7

COLD RE-UNION II

A young man is Clad in a blue Armani styled suit and is seen putting on a grin while on a phone call

Unknown POV

"This is the right moment, the opportunity we've been waiting for, so don't you dare mess this up, I hope you understand me clearly." I sounded fierce as the grin slowly faded off the edge of my lips.

"Yes Boss, just give me the instructions and I'd carry them out just as you want me to," the receiver on the other end replied with a shaky voice

"Good boy..." I trailed as a more broader grin danced around my lips once again, probably found the fact I had just called a full grown man a boy, funny. Money speaks indeed.

"Just as we planned, as long as Udo remains in the picture I can't have my Zara, and if there's anything I know about that guy he's always persistent." I added while i reached out for a glass of wine from the waiter who was about passing by.

Why don't we give him a little fright from the media...

"I want you to get everything that's going to happen now on video and as soon as you're done send it to Emeka at NGL news, I'll handle it from there." I continued.

"But sir, you do know that no journalist are allowed at the ball asides Stephanie and they only reason she was allowed was because you pulled some strings, so how do I get it on video?," the receiver questioned

"I knew you were stupid, but I never knew you recently downloaded foolishness into that thick brain of yours too," I said with a stern voice, my voice a little bit over the top as the receiver kept mute.

"Now tell me what am I paying you for? Huh!, There are no Journalists allowed in here right, so the object you have in your hands what are they for?," I threw a rhetorical question to him, a frown glued to my face this time

"Sir I have a cigarette in my hands right now so I don't quite get you" The receiver replied.

"How did I ever hire someone like you? Tell me, I meant your smart phone you fool, or doesn't yours have a camera?"I questioned the fool at the other end once again obviously annoyed as i downed the glass of wine which I had been flirting with for quite sometime in a gulp.

"Oh sorry sir i didn't quite get yo..."

"Yeah you never do, whatever you do, get everything on video and do it discretely, I don't need anyone spotting you." I cut in as i furiously ended the call.

Udo is a very wise man, it's high time I stop being the underdog. I voiced out loud to no one exactly but myself

° ° °

UDO's POV

With the Microphone still in my hands I voiced out "S-STEPHANIE"
The crowd in obvious disarray, as what I had just said didn't relate to anything they could think of

She slowly lead her glance towards my direction as she stood perfectly still.

Our eyes met and my mouth suddenly felt numb as I stood there frozen in shock. I could hear the distant mutters of the crowd. I finally let go of the mic in my hands and one could trust it to make a screeching sound which it did.