[9]-A FIRM HANDSHAKE

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers, I love y'all... Happy New year to you all as well

"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes."

° ° °

CHAPTER 9

A FIRM HANDSHAKE

UDO's POV

I stared down at the well polished pair of black derby shoes which I had on. I tried comparing the intensity of the sun rays which fell on both feets respectively, something any sane man wouldn't do.
Well I was partially sane at that moment with Dad's health a it's verge, Mum's display of a nonchalant attitude, and the incident from yesterday's night.

Udo Michaels you nearly kissed Vanessa!..."what were you thinking?" My angelic subconscious questioned

"Well drunk people barely think" I think that's good enough an explanation, I muttered to myself, referring back to the angelic subconscious

Well I tagged it angelic cause it's voice was way more calm than the other voice that tagged along

"Uhh...Last time I checked he wasn't bound by any oath against kissing" the less angelic subconscious questioned in a tone higher than the latter

"Yes I wasn't...so why was I fidgeting so much?"

I could feel my feets tap against the marbled tiled porch rhythmically as I clicked the doorbell once again, I was standing on the porch, a porch i would never in my lifetime had believed I would be on even for once.
One of the places every human who was to to considered normal wouldn't dare to visit. Who owns the porch? The dear beloved Stephan's.

I stared down at my watch for the third time in a row, I was running late for work, I've got tonnes of things I need to do at the company today.
I silently hoped Leo would have gotten to the company already as to handle things while I finish up what I have to do here. I was still staring down at the watch when the door fell open,and to my greatest surprise, I had forgotten all that I had been worried about for about a space of minutes. A young lady walked out, she was clad in a black baggy shorts that was noticeably way above her specialty, She had a white overall shirt on, it's sleeves had taken over the edge of her wrists as much as she tried to adjust them.
My glance then again fell back to her face, I couldn't quite picture my expression then but anyone could tell it was that of one who was shocked or rather too overwhelmed. It was Zara, she stood beside the door as we both shot dumb glares at each other.

What was she doing here? At Stephan's!...
Was I perhaps at the wrong address?... I questioned my subconscious continuously

Just then a familiar voice rang out from inside

"Zaraaaa!... who's at the door?"

Shocked to the marrow, a shirtless Stephan evolves to the scene standing right behind Zara, his hands placed on the wooden fixings of the door as his gaze fell on mine as well. We all stood there in admiration of each other, like we hadn't known ourselves before now. I had a thousand thoughts running through my head right now.

Wasn't this the same Zara I had introduced to Stephan just yester night? Then what was she doing here?

Do ladies sleep over at the houses of guys who they just met a day before?
Is it normal?

I was struggling with the urge not to voice out all these questions which seemed to have purchased a plaza deep inside my brain.
We were still stuck on the first stage of what seemed like an eye glaring contest and I could tell that they weren't expecting any august visitor.