Amber POV

Hiii, guys! So here's another update, yay! I'm really on a roll, aren't I? I think so. Anyways, hope you enjoy!-Was

When I woke up I was lying on a sofa with a cover thrown on me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes when someone came in.

"Hello, sweetie. I'm Officer Hannah and I just came to ask you a couple of questions. Is that okay with you? Are you feeling well enough?"

Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered what happened to Marilyn.

"I just lost my sister, how do you think I feel?"

"I understand. But we need you to give us your statement and then you can leave."

I sighed, "Okay."

"Okay, can you tell me what happened?"

"The man who was also at the scene, is he okay?"

"Yes, he's okay."

"Thank goodness, then Marilyn's death wasn't for nothing."

"What do you mean?"

I tried recalling what happened but everything seemed blurry.

"My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember that guy being in trouble and my sister tried to help him. There was a man, a large man and there was a struggle between him and me I was trying to keep him away from my sister and the man. But he started choking me and then my sister stabbed him with a....wooden plank? Or a large piece of wood, I'm not really sure which but he let go of me and we tried to run but he used that same piece and stabbed her in the back. I don't know what happened to him but I ran to Marilyn's side but I could tell it was too late. She....she...well you know the rest," I said trying to hold back tears.

Officer Hannah nodded, "I'm sorry I have to ask you this but since we have no actual evidence because during the struggle before you guys showed up the man had shot the camera. And no witnesses can remember what he looks like we are not 100% sure he's the one responsible."

I gaped at her, "What do you mean?"

"I mean we need to consider other possibilities and since you were the last person with your sister-"

"You think I'd kill my sister?" I said cutting her off.

"Like I said we have to consider all possibilities to help bring justice for your sister."

I stared at her, "I would never hurt my sister."

"I'm sorry but we still need to rule you out."

I felt like I should get angry but I just felt so exhausted and sad I couldn't bring myself to get angry, "Okay."

"Good. Do you mind taking a polygraph?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Great. We're going to get you to take the polygraph and then you can leave, okay?"

I nodded numbly.

She took me to a room where a man connected all these wires on me and asked me questions. An hour later they took me back to the room I was in and asked me to wait. Half an hour later the woman came back and took me to a room that looked like all those investigation rooms you see on tv.

"So, you passed but the chief wants to keep you hear for a bit longer."

"Why?" I asked.

She hesitated, "He still believes you are the one who killed your sister."

"But I passed!"

"I know. But he can't stand it if he has no one to blame for a murder."

"What would make him think I killed her?"

"You were the last person with her, you were the one with her when we arrived and no one can remember how that man looks. And you're clothes had her blood all on it."

"I was holding her when she died!"

"Yeah, and that's another reason he thinks you did it. But other than that he has no evidence and he wants to get you to confess."

"But I didn't do it," I say softly.

"I believe you. But that doesn't mean my boss does."

I looked up at her, "Where are my parents?"

She looked down, "The chief convinced them that you're the one who killed your sister and they don't want to see you. But they are going to let your dad come and well the chief hopes he can get you to confess. I have to go and pick him up now." 

Tears ran down my face as I stared at the ground and as she left I whispered, "But I didn't kill her. I love her. She's the only one I had. And now she's gone."

So, yeah. Depression. I made myself cry I don't even know why maybe it's because I know how her life is going to change and it's depressing. Anyways, hope you have a good day/night!-Was