Hope, Death and Fear

Edited on 9th December 2021

A surprise, a tragedy and whole lot of fear. 

Time Skip - 1 Month

Savitar was watching Kara as she was lying in the bed, fairly exhausted. He brushed the hair from her face as she slept peacefully. Kara had been ill for a few days, she brushed it off as exhaustion but Savitar wasn't convinced. Kara was his everything and he was terrified of losing her again.

Savitar was broken out of his thoughts by Kara shifting in the bed, his attention was now directly on her as she shot out of the bed before rushing to the bathroom, Savitar not far behind her. When in the bathroom Kara bent over and vomited into the toilet. Savitar rubbed her back and was comforting her, when she was done he picked her up and placed her back in bed before calling Killer Frost.

Frost enter the room looking on in concern.

CA-"Yes Savitar?"

S-"Figure out what's wrong with her."

Frost nodded as Savitar kissed Kara's head before leaving the women to it. Once he had gone Frost sat down on the bed and turned back into Caitlin.

CA-"You know what's wrong with you don't you?"

Kara nodded her head and looked down.

CA-"Why haven't you told him?"

K-"I'm scared he's gonna be angry."

Caitlin stared at her for a moment before speaking,

CA-"Kara, I've known Barry Allen long enough to know that he isn't going to be mad at you. You need to tell him."

K-"I'm scared that they're gonna kill him and then when they find out the truth they'll kill me and our child too."

CA-"It isn't going to come to that. Just tell Savitar and then we'll work out a plan but always remember, I'm not going anywhere."

Kara nodded and Caitlin changed back into Killer Frost before standing off the bed and leaving the room to go and get Savitar.

A few moments later, Savitar re-entered the bedroom in anticipation before sitting down on the bed next to Kara and grabbing her hand.

S-"What is it, my love?"

K-"Um, promise me you won't get angry or go into a rage?"

Savitar looked confused by her request before nodding slowly.

S-"I promise, now what's going on with you?"

K-"I'm pregnant."

Silence.

Kara kept looking down at their joined hands, too afraid to look up. Then Savitar used his free hand to lift her face so they were eye to eye. His face split into a massive grin, confusing Kara.

S-"We're going to be parents?"

Kara nodded her head, a small smile forming and Savitar pulled her into a kiss. After a few moments, Kara pulled away, resting her forehead on his. Savitar watched as her crinkle formed on her forehead.

S-"What is worrying you, darling?"

K-"I'm scared, that Team Flash is gonna take you away from me and then when they find out the truth they'll hurt me and the baby."

Tears began to roll down Kara's cheeks as Savitar cupped her face.

S-"Everything will be fine. I'm gonna be fine and then we'll live happily ever after okay?"

Kara nodded.

S-"I just need you to trust me, my love."

K-"I do trust you, with all my heart."

Savitar smiled at her before pulling her in for another kiss.

A while later, Kara was stood watching as Killer Frost and Savitar prepared for the final battle. Kara and Caitlin were both relieved when they found out that Iris was still alive but both were upset that HR had taken her place.

As Frost was preparing the final things, Savitar walked over to Kara and held both her hands.

S-"Stay here and stay safe."

Kara nodded, knowing it was no use to argue with him.

K-"Come back to me."

S-"Always."

Kara pulls Savitar into a kiss before he zooms off with Frost. Once she is sure they are out of sight, Kara takes off following them from a distance before she lands in the forest nearby. She watches as Barry, Wally, Jay Garrick from Earth-3, Cisco, Gypsy and Iris all fight Savitar. Then everything stops for Kara; it's the moment Iris pulls the trigger shooting Savitar in the back of the head. Kara is quick to cover her mouth to stop any noise from escaping as she falls to her knees. She watches as Savitar's body disintegrates. As Iris and Barry hug, Frost looks over to where Kara is kneeling, Cisco is about to stop her, not noticing the sobbing Kryptonian a few feet away, but Frost is quick to rush over to the distraught Kryptonian as she sobs on the forest floor.

When Frost reaches her she pulls Kara into a hug before shooting into the air and back to the lair. When they land Kara is shaking in terror and pacing back and forth. Frost turns back into Caitlin, before hugging the young alien again and letting her cry. After a while, Kara's sobs have subsided and she's calm enough to talk.

K-"Caitlin they can't know. If they find out they'll kill me and my child. They can't know. At least not yet. And what will they all think when they find out the truth? Iris will be furious. She'll be so angry with me."

Caitlin watched as Kara continued her ambling before stopping her.

CA-"Kara! Take a breath. We can come up with a plan so that they won't find out and if they ever do find out we'll deal with it. But right now we need to get you home, the second they find out that you're still here they will come looking for you."

Kara nods her head allowing Caitlin to continue.

CA-"This is what we'll do, I'll come with you to your Earth, we'll talk to Alex and come up with a plan. Okay?"

Kara nods her head again before pulling out her extrapolator. Once they reach Kara's apartment, Kara calls Alex asking her to come over and when she does they explain everything.

A-"Okay so you're actually from the future but you were placed in this time when Barry proposed to Iris. And now you're pregnant with future Barry's child?"

Kara nods her head again.

A-"Okay. What's the plan?"

CA-"Well I was thinking that Kara shouldn't come to Earth-1 during her pregnancy because it's too risky."

Kara involuntarily curls into herself at the mention of Earth-1 causing Alex to place a comforting hand on her arm.

CA-"I'll come over every week to do check-ups and you know how to contact me if there is an emergency. With me knowing a lot about speedsters and Alex knowing a lot about Aliens we should be the perfect team."

Kara smiles at the two.

K-"Thank you."

CA-"You're welcome."

A-"Anything for you, sis and my niece or nephew."

The group giggle before hugging each other.