¶Part 17¶

"Get the doctor immediately!" Xavier growled as he rushed into the house with Ronan and Ruen still crying. He had only some pants on because when he shifted,his clothes got ruined. I walked as quick as my legs could go to keep up with Xavier.
"What do you think happened to them Xavier" He lay them on the sofa and ran his fingers through his hair.
"This is what I feared..." He sat uncomfortably on the sofa next to the boys and palmed his face. "The twins are going to be very overprotective adults. When the werewolves tried to attack you,that unlocked their initial powers as alpha babies and it was too much for them to handle" I carried Ruen in my arms and rocked him slowly while Xavier did same to Ronan.

I set to breastfeed the boys and after that,they slept off. The doctor walked in just then with a paper in his hands.
"The results are ready...the twins are going to be okay but,they shouldn't be in a situation where they would use that much power again" I felt terrible for my babies,placing a kiss each in their heads,I carried them into their cots where they slept peacefully. I just stood there and watched them, wondering what I would have done with myself if something bad happened to them.

After a few seconds,I felt Xavier's strong arms wrap possessively around my waist. I wiped a tear I didn't know was there away and smiled up at him. He kept a straight face still staring at me. His electric green eyes pierced into my soul it was like he was searching my head or something.
"What did he do to you" He mumbled lowly,looking me up and down and running his hands up and down my arms. I sighed and started recalling everything that actually happened. The photo. I looked at Xavier and then at the wall beside him. I was dreading to ask the question because I felt he was already angry at what Keith tried to do to his family.

"Um...Xavier I saw something you might not want to talk about" I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my fingers. He was quiet for a while before I felt his fingers squeeze my sides,causing me to look back up at him. My eyes carelessly trailed down his wide shoulders down to his broad chest and defined abs. I'm really lucky to have someone as hot as him and who really adores me this much. "You were saying?" He teased and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Do you want to know?" He frowned and I saw his Adam's apple bop up and down slowly. "I already know what you saw" "You do? Really? Then what is it" I asked with seriousness.

"You saw the family photo...right?" I nodded,his mood had suddenly changed. He probably read my mind. He left my waist and walked to the window sill. I left him to be with himself and think for a few minutes before I walked over to him. Wrappinging my arms around him from the back,I placed tiny kisses on his smooth olive skin. "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it,I can understand" He sighed deeply and slowly. He placed his hands on mine and ran his hands along it slowly.

"My father never liked me" He sighed again and turned to face me. "No matter what I did to impress him Jasmine,he hated everything I did" He took my hand and walked me to sit on the bed. "Mother tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't listen, I'm sure you know now I have two sisters,those two were monsters just like their father, I've never hated anyone as much as I hated those three" His eyes darkened and his jaw clenched. I rubbed his back slowly to calm him down.

"He and those girls are the reason I'm the way I am. Easily annoyed,selfish,anger issues,self centered. I was frustrated and depressed as a growing child,mother was my only saviour,she would always talk to me about never allowing them to get to me and saying that I was going to be a great Alpha, greater than my father,well thanks to her too,I became a proud alpha and werewolf" He paused and shrugged. Wow, I've not met anyone with this much family issues.

I put my hand around his arm and laid my head on his shoulder. "I hated my family. I didn't hate my mother then but I blame her for not doing anything,she tried but nothing good happened,it just made things worse. My father would always best me with a stick,metal, anything his hands laid on for no apparent reason,mostly if I run to hug him" I felt my eyes tearing up then I actually started sobbing,God I'm too emotional. Xavier looked down at me and quickly wiped my tears,kissing my forehead. "Don't cry, they're in the past now and besides...they're dead" He ended and pulled me to his chest. No matter how sad,I wanted to hear more.

"What killed them?"
"My sisters? Greed. My father? Frustration and anger when he found out I was going to be the next alpha so he committed suicide saying he would never be alive to see that and my mother?....old age and non stop tears" I wish I didn't ask all those questions,it brought back memories he didn't want to remember I'm sure but you can't certainly forget such memories after all. I peppered kisses on his jaw and neck, causing him to growl lowly. "I'm sorry about your family Xavier,at least you have a new one" I looked at the twins sleeping peacefull,leaning up to kiss his cheek. I leaned back down but he forced my face back to him and just stared into my eyes.

We just remained like that,him staring at me like he was my predator,his beautiful eyes making me blush and feel nervous. His lips slowly pulled into a smirk. "I love you so much Jasmine. You are honestly the best thing that has ever happened to my life. You have made me a better person,a proud father-" He looked at the twins and we both chuckled. "I appreciate you,what I appreciate the most is your independent self" He nuzzled my nose and kissed my forehead. God,could anyone love me this much? I sighed and put my arms around my man possessively. "I love you too Xavier,so so much" I looked back into his beautiful eyes and my eyes scanned his handsome face.

"Can I kiss you?"
"What?" I chuckled. "You don't even need to ask"
He smirked and leaned down, connecting our lips. I felt goosebumps spread over my body. It felt like the first time,magical. It's like I would never love anyone as much I love this man. The amount of love he has for me and the twins....it's beautiful. Immortals really know how to love a...human. I chuckled slightly as Xavier tickled my sides and made me fall on my back. "Of course,why wouldn't we, especially when it's a woman like you" He placed kisses on my neck down to my chest.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're my everything Xavier,please promise me you'll never ever leave us" I rubbed my hands up and down his strong arms which were suited beside my shoulders. "I should be asking for your promise,I need you more" I laughed shortly.
"I need you most and for the kids too" He looked thoughtful.
"We'll have more kids right?" I blushed at the thought.

"Yes but not right now bad boy" He smirked and looked up and down my body very slowly as he bit his lip. "What's wrong with having one now?" He pounced on me,making me laugh out loudly as he pulled me from under him and made me lay on his body.
"I love you so much Xavier"
"I love you too mama" I blushed at this new cute name he called me and the way he pronounced it.

Mama...

How's the romance level? Tell me in the comments and vote too ❤️❤️👍