walk dont run

steve natasha and i walk inside the mall side by side. i gave natasha one of my stripped sweaters and she put her brown coat over it. steve has a cap and glasses. while i had my hair up with my hood on.

"first rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." natasha says quietly

"if i run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off."

"seriously what the hell did you make me change into. i look like a gay stripper." i whisper shout while natasha smirks at us.

she made me wear tight jeans... i mean i'd rather wear cheetah prints.

"you need to dress differently especially since you're you, y/n y/l/n, we don't want to get caught." she looks up at me knowing i'm more likely to get recognized since i'm well know just like tony.

i sigh continuing walking towards the electronic store.

"the drive has a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are." natasha says typing in the computer

"how much time do we have." steve asks

"about 9 minutes from," as soon as she plugs it in she says, "now."

"stop looking around grandpa, you'll make us look suspicious." i say nudging steve's hip.

"fury was right. somebody's trying to hide something. this drive is protected by some sort of AI. it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"can you override it?" i ask standing over her shoulder, making her look back at me. i wink making her quickly look towards the screen.

she clears her throat. "the person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. slightly." she emphasizes

"i'm gonna try running a tracer. this is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"can i help you guys with anything?" a worker who looks like a blonde jesus walks up to us.

"oh, no. my fiancé and her brother was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." natasha says grabbing my shoulders.

"right. they're getting married. i'm always third wheeling for them." he chuckles nervously.

"congratulations. where are you guys thinking about going?"

i look down at the screen reading the location. "new jersey."

"oh. also i'm sorry but did you say brother? it's just you don't look much alike." he says squinting his eyes at me getting a better look at me.

"uh, he's adopted." i smile.

he looks closer at my face. shit does he know who i am?

"i have the exact same nose shape as you." he smiles pointing at my nose. in your dreams bud. i have a beautiful nose.

"wow, you two are practically twins." natasha responds sarcastically not taking her eyes off the monitor.

"yeah, i wish. specimen. if you guys need anything, i've been aaron." he says walking away.

"SPECIMEN?" i whisper shout in disbelief making them chuckle. "he looks like thor," i say aloud. "he's not thor he's whore." i mumble the last part to myself. natasha smiles at me.

"you said nine minutes come on." steve rushes impatiently.

"shh, relax." the way she said it was hot. "done."