Chapter 9: Celebration

Finally, the girls have graduated and couldn't be happier. Their parents were finally divorced.

     At the celebration, their father showed up. He was actually kind of sober. Still wasn't doing so well, but looked okay. He has apologized to Diane and the girls for everything he has caused.

     Jesse is hoping that the girls will consider see him every once in a while. He still loves his daughters and doesn't want to lose them.

     He didn't mean to hurt anyone, but he still loves them all so much and will never forget the good memories!

     The girls didn't know what to say. They are still so hurt. They do mention though that they don't want to be a part of the girlfriends life they don't want to hurt mom. They also don't want to be a part of her life for what she's also caused and their father, but since he's the father of course they still love him. The girls tell him he's welcome to stay at the party if he likes, but they don't want any drama because it's their day.

     Jesse mentions that his girlfriend is in the car. The girls don't like it but she has to stay in the car or go home. Jesse goes back to the car and tells her that the girls don't want you here because of everything they don't want any drama. I'm trying my best to still be at least a part of their life.

     The girlfriend wasn't really happy about it. She asked Jesse how long he plans on staying because she didn't want to leave because she didn't trust him since she knows that well he has been cheating on her now to.

     ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER!

     He says he wasn't staying to long maybe an hour it's better than nothing. She says she just going to stay in the car.

      He walks back over to the girls. Diane is there standing next to them. She sees Jesse and she just doesn't know what to say or think to why he's their.

     She asked what he's doing there.

     He tell her "I'm here for the girls. They let me stay as long as there's no drama. Don't worry I'm not staying to long. My girlfriend is in the car."

     Diane mentions that she's staring over at them and has the window down.

     He's trying hard not to get mad at certain things she says about his girlfriend.

     He mentions that the girls don't want to be a part of her life so she either stays in the car or go home. The girls don't want to hurt you.

     Like you hurt she says.

     The girls come over and talks to them. It's kind of nice having them all together. There actually laughing and smiling.

     Jesse says "I miss this."

     Diane doesn't know what to say because she misses it to, but everything is done and over I couldn't do it again. She says.

     The girls opening there presents from family and friends. There dad got them a gift too for when they go off to college. They open a gift it's a family picture with two necklaces as well. They go over and give him a hug and they cry and tell him they love him.

     Diane is letting the girls choose on what to do if they want to see their father or not so she's trying not to get upset. Even though they had a bad marriage eventually some people can change.

     It seems like he has changed a little bit. After the girls opened their gifts front here dad m. He mentions he's gonna get going since his girlfriend is in the car. He was hoping she would go home so he could stay longer.

     He's not sober though not yet since he's cheating on the girlfriend, but with the new girl maybe he will change be a better person again.

     Nobody knows he's cheating besides the girlfriend.

     They end up leaving.

     The party goes on and the girls open the rest of there gifts. They give their mother a big hug for everything and they apologize to her as well.

     Diane tells the girls she going to go to the neighbors house by there dads and invite him over. She asks the girls if that's okay with them.

     The girls don't mind it they just want there mom happy.

     She went to Kyles house and invited him over for there celebration. She mentions that they're just friends. She still isn't healed. Kyle was okay with that because he didn't want to push anything on her. They get back to the party. Diane tells Kyle that Jesse showed up. Kyle asks "was everything okay?" Diane says "surprisingly it went well."

     The girls meet Kyle again and says nice to see you. Thank you for coming.

     He stays and helps cleans up the mess in there place. The girls help as well and puts theirs stuff away. They stay with their mother and Kyle to make sure there mother is safe.

     Diane tells the girls "if you girls want to go hang out with your friends on this day your more than welcome to?"

     The girls said they're okay they wanna be home with you mom.

     Even though college is a month away they still want to get ready and spend time there with mom before they go.

     Kyle stays at the apartment for a while at least until supper. He leaves when they start to eat but Diane suggest he stays for helping clean up.

     Afterwards he leaves so the girls can spend time with there mom.

     They end up watching a movie and having popcorn together.

     They have good conversations and laugh a lot together. It's the best time they've had together in a long time. Brooke asks her mom "are you going to be okay when we leave for college?"

     "Brooke" Diane says "I'll be alright. It's going to take time for me to heal, but this is the best day of my life besides when you girls were born. I couldn't be more happier then being right here."

     Alyssa asks "do you like Kyle."

    "Honestly, I don't know. Since I'm still trying to heal it's hard to tell. I know he's a good guy, but trusting is going to be hard." Diane says

     They keep watching the movie and eventually they fall asleep!